Proper reheating question

firecracker jack

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I know this has probably been asked a million times..But, while I was on the brethren site last night I left the meat out(cooked) for quite a while. It was cool when I finally put in the fridge(I'm sure it had been in the danger zone for sometime, maybe three hours or so). Is it safe if reheated to a high enough temp?:confused:...If not then It would be a perfect excuse to fire up the UDS and try a brisket or something...:mrgreen:

Thanks,

Firecrackerjack

I know this has probably been asked a million times..But, while I was on the brethren site last night I left the meat out(cooked) for quite a while. It was cool when I finally put in the fridge(I'm sure it had been in the danger zone for sometime, maybe three hours or so). Is it safe if reheated to a high enough temp?:confused:...If not then It would be a perfect excuse to fire up the UDS and try a brisket or something...:mrgreen:

Thanks,

Firecrackerjack

I would reheat it and not think twice. It is a different story if being fed to a toddler, elderly person, or being sold to the public.

This is the opinion of a guy that thinks pizza and White Castle hamburgers are better the next day after being left out on the counter all night. :biggrin:

Ok,I'll take the chance....besides I'll only be makin my self sick...I'll tell the wife not eat any....That way If I live, there'll be all that much more for me!....Ummm pulled pork with my take, on someone else's take, on North carolina vinegar sauce!:mrgreen:

Firecrackerjack

I would reheat it and not think twice. It is a different story if being fed to a toddler, elderly person, or being sold to the public.

This is the opinion of a guy that thinks pizza and White Castle hamburgers are better the next day after being left out on the counter all night. :biggrin:

Whats quite a while? I think you'll be fine....as would your wife you selfish farker. :lol::lol::lol:

If the next reply comes from the emergency room, you'll know I shouldn't have tried it...But too late...and yes it was good!

firecrackerjack

The thing you've got to remember, it's not just the bugs that get you sick, it's also the toxins that are left behind when they die....

Back