• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

brisket hot and fast experimeng

shawnmcchesney12

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Cold and snowy ohio morning but got the uds fired up anyway. Brisket is all rubbed up with black ops brisket rub, sea salt, cracked black pepper. On the pit it went at 0930. Cant wait to see how the hot and fast compares to my normal low and slow. Wish me luck

Attachments

• 20131112_092330.jpg
    20131112_092330.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 341
What temp are you cooking it at?

Best of luck. May the force (not pulling it until it is probe tender) be with you.

You probably already know this, but with hot and fast it's not done until it probes tender in the thickest part of the flat a a minimum two hour rest is important.

You probably already know this, but with hot and fast it's not done until it probes tender in the thickest part of the flat a a minimum two hour rest is important.

Thanks for the tip. All info is welcome its my first time with hot and fast so I love the pointers. Gonna wrap in butcher paper and towels then into a cooler for its nap.

Let the temp drop to 150 or so internal before wrapping and putting in the cooler. You want to make sure it is just holding in there and not still cooking.

Thanks for the tip. All info is welcome its my first time with hot and fast so I love the pointers. Gonna wrap in butcher paper and towels then into a cooler for its nap.
DO thissssssssss!!!!!!!!!

BluDawgs Brisket

K.I S.S. some of the best brisket you will ever eat! Total cook time including the rest 8 hrs or less. I promise it will be as moist as mornin dew on the lilly, tender as a mothers love, pure beefy smoky goodness.

1 packer 12-15 lb
Trim off the hard fat on each side of the flat thin the fat cap to 1/4"

Mix your Rub
1 part kosher salt 4 parts Med grind Black peppa by volume( this is a true 50/50 BY weight)
apply a coat of rub you need to be able to see the meat through the rub clearly.

Pre heat the pit to 300 deg
place brisket on the pit Fat Cap Down and point to the firebox unless it is a RF cooker then point to away from FB

Maintain pit between 275-325 if cookin on a stick burner
cook Brisket 4 hrs
remove from pit wrap in a single layer of Butcher paper Return to pit Fat cap up.
after 1 hr probe the thicket part of the Flat only! If it isn't *probe tender it will be within 1 hr.
once it is probe tender remove from the pit keep it wrapped in the paper you cooked it in and allow it to rest on your counter until the Internal temp reaches 150 this will take about two hrs.
Don't ever slice more than you can eat big pieces retain moisture and won't dry up on you like slices will.

*PROBE TENDER>This is the feel that is mimicked by cutting room temperature butter with a hot knife, there should be no drag

DO thissssssssss!!!!!!!!!

BluDawgs Brisket

K.I S.S. some of the best brisket you will ever eat! Total cook time including the rest 8 hrs or less. I promise it will be as moist as mornin dew on the lilly, tender as a mothers love, pure beefy smoky goodness.

1 packer 12-15 lb
Trim off the hard fat on each side of the flat thin the fat cap to 1/4"

Mix your Rub
1 part kosher salt 4 parts Med grind Black peppa by volume( this is a true 50/50 BY weight)
apply a coat of rub you need to be able to see the meat through the rub clearly.

Pre heat the pit to 300 deg
place brisket on the pit Fat Cap Down and point to the firebox unless it is a RF cooker then point to away from FB

Maintain pit between 275-325 if cookin on a stick burner
cook Brisket 4 hrs
remove from pit wrap in a single layer of Butcher paper Return to pit Fat cap up.
after 1 hr probe the thicket part of the Flat only! If it isn't *probe tender it will be within 1 hr.
once it is probe tender remove from the pit keep it wrapped in the paper you cooked it in and allow it to rest on your counter until the Internal temp reaches 150 this will take about two hrs.
Don't ever slice more than you can eat big pieces retain moisture and won't dry up on you like slices will.

*PROBE TENDER>This is the feel that is mimicked by cutting room temperature butter with a hot knife, there should be no drag

Thanks bludawg I am trying your method on this hot and fast step by step. Thanks for the input

4 hours in the temp was at 167.5 and the color looked really nice. Pulled off pit and wrapped in butcher paper then back on pit it goes.

Attachments

• 20131112_132147.jpg
    20131112_132147.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 276
Finished up phenomenal! !! 2 hour nap in cooler and then sliced. Smoke ring was great and color was great. Nice and tender on the pull. Thanks all for the info and thanks bludawg for the step by step on the hot and fast I do believe i am converted.

Here are a couple pics of the finished product

Attachments

• 20131112_174125.jpg
    20131112_174125.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 139
  • 20131112_174256.jpg
    20131112_174256.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 138
Back