Best brisket to buy

Easy. Prime grade Angus beef. A little age on it doesn’t hurt either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Restaurant Depot has pretty good consistency with their "Superior Angus" line of Choice or Prime briskets. I'm assuming you're inquiring about large quantities since you posted in the Catering sub.

If you just need a single brisket then HEB is hard to beat.

Restaurant Depot has pretty good consistency with their "Superior Angus" line of Choice or Prime briskets. I'm assuming you're inquiring about large quantities since you posted in the Catering sub.

If you just need a single brisket then HEB is hard to beat.

those are the briskets I prefer to cook. I don't make large purchases...usually one or 2 briskets and some hanger steaks...maybe 40 lbs of chicken wings and a ten lbs block of cheese

I hate that place

those are the briskets I prefer to cook. I don't make large purchases...usually one or 2 briskets and some hanger steaks...maybe 40 lbs of chicken wings and a ten lbs block of cheese

I hate that place

which one? restaurant depot or heb? Never heard of heb

Kurtsara. No HEB? The chain started in 1905 in the Hill Country of Texas and is now rated one of the best grocery chains around. The Dallas metroplex is all abuzz that they have expanded northward into the area recently. HEB smartly managed supply side issues during the pandemic and were much less bothered by empty shelves than even the Walmart system. They have their own branded products and many Texans with access to a close-by HEB no longer shop elsewhere. We don't have one in East Texas - yet. But when visiting family we have definitely shopped there. I suspect it will be a good while before they are up in the Minneapolis area. I doubt you'll find high-end products like Kobi beef at an HEB but their meats are usually top shelf.

which one? restaurant depot or heb? Never heard of heb

Restuarant Depot

HEB is not in the north....think they are only Texas

RD has been letting anyone in ever since covid, no membership required. Been a few months since I've been but I'm think it's still that way.

I hate that place

When I was running my BBQ food truck I was probably 50/50 getting my raw meat from Restaurant Depot / Sam's Club. RD's consistency was what kept me making the 5 hour round trip. This being said shopping at certain RD locations can be a very frustrating experience. The one I went to in Raleigh, NC was a freaking zoo and even with 20+ waiting to check out there would usually only be 1 or 2 checkout lines open. RD employees sitting around everywhere doing nothing and just staring off into the distance. Not to mention half the aisles were basically closed because they would place pallets in the middle of the aisle, making it so you couldn't get your platform cart down the aisle.

That being said I went to RD in Milwaukee, WI and it was a much better experience.

When I was running my BBQ food truck I was probably 50/50 getting my raw meat from Restaurant Depot / Sam's Club. RD's consistency was what kept me making the 5 hour round trip. This being said shopping at certain RD locations can be a very frustrating experience. The one I went to in Raleigh, NC was a freaking zoo and even with 20+ waiting to check out there would usually only be 1 or 2 checkout lines open. RD employees sitting around everywhere doing nothing and just staring off into the distance. Not to mention half the aisles were basically closed because they would place pallets in the middle of the aisle, making it so you couldn't get your platform cart down the aisle.

That being said I went to RD in Milwaukee, WI and it was a much better experience.

We get to them when they open at 7:00 am, it is not too busy then and a lot of the help is still getting there.

Back