MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-07-2017, 08:51 PM   #2266
Big Swole
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin' Greene View Post

Here's the vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcWliQjtknc
-BGE Mini --------------------------- "CHERRY POPPER"
Big Swole is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 12-11-2017, 04:25 PM   #2267
Smokeymagoo
On the road to being a farker

After weeks of being torn between the LSG IVC and a Pitmaker Vault, I put my deposit on the LSG. Now begins the 6 long weeks of waiting.
Upgrades include:
T-Plates(I know some of you don't like them)
The vinyl Cover(It will be outside by my pool most of its life).
Heat diverter
3 Extra Racks and positions.
S.S. Handle

I opted not for a side table as my spring project is an out door kitchen that it will sit in. Until then I have plenty of folding tables here.
Smokeymagoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-11-2017, 04:51 PM   #2268
JVM59

Congrats on the new cooker. 6 weeks will be here before you know it.
JVM59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-11-2017, 06:45 PM   #2269
THoey1963
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Terry

Pretty sure it was 8 when I ordered my cabinet. It was 16 when I got the stick burner.

Lone Star Grillz Insulated Cabinet Smoker / Weber Summit Charcoal Grilling (WSCG) Station / CyberQ / Slow N Sear with Drip N Griddle

WSCG Review HERE. WSM Mods HERE. My Brisket Guide HERE.
THoey1963 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-11-2017, 06:54 PM   #2270
Smokeymagoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVM59 View Post
Congrats on the new cooker. 6 weeks will be here before you know it.

I hope so, as busy as we are this Christmas season time should fly by.
Smokeymagoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2018, 09:51 AM   #2271
Smokiemon
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Jeremy
Default Cover

I’ve been meaning to post this, broke down and ordered a Cove Point cover in October. I was tired of cleaning dust off. Working with Bill was a breeze and the quality of the cover is awesome. Easy to take on an off:)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6B8C1518-842B-4474-B1A4-A91BB33C6BC8.jpg (105.0 KB, 325 views)

— William Shakespeare

LSG Insulated Cabinet
Webber Summit Gasser
WSM 18.5
Webber Kettle 22.5
Thermapen [COLOR="red"]Red[/COLOR]
BOOGAC
Smokiemon is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-05-2018, 01:01 PM   #2272
THoey1963

Looks good. I've bought four from Bill. Always a pleasure dealing with him.

Lone Star Grillz Insulated Cabinet Smoker / Weber Summit Charcoal Grilling (WSCG) Station / CyberQ / Slow N Sear with Drip N Griddle

Old 01-06-2018, 09:29 PM   #2273
Big Swole
is one Smokin' Farker

Are those Cove Point covers water proof and for folks that have no covering to keep them under? I have got to do something other than a tarp. Mines been rained on several times and water gets in it for sure. Causes mold and some rust until I burn it off and re-oil it.
-BGE Mini --------------------------- "CHERRY POPPER"
Big Swole is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-06-2018, 11:15 PM   #2274
Smokiemon
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Jeremy

The use marine fabric that is mold resistant I believe the brand is Sunbrella, and it’s water Resistant as well. Doesn’t mean water proof tho....

— William Shakespeare

LSG Insulated Cabinet
Webber Summit Gasser
WSM 18.5
Webber Kettle 22.5
Thermapen [COLOR="red"]Red[/COLOR]
BOOGAC
Smokiemon is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 01-08-2018, 01:48 AM   #2275
THoey1963

Agree. Water resistant, not waterproof. But they are seriously heavy duty covers. I think that with the 10 year warranty, they are worth the investment.

Old 02-02-2018, 05:38 PM   #2276
abe530
Got rid of the matchlight.

My wait begins today. Confirmed order on my Insulated Cabinet Smoker. Added on the Competition Cart, T-Plates, heat diverter plate, two extra rails and racks for flexibility, and a vinyl cover.

They say current lead time is about 8 weeks. This is gonna be the longest 8 weeks of my life.
abe530 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2018, 12:05 AM   #2277
ruger35
Knows what a fatty is.

Put my deposit down Monday on the Mini with some options. Probably going to add some metal art for our tailgating and LSU events.

Could anyone give me the height at the highest point of the Mini, and which wheels you have? I went with the 8" wheels. Looking at getting another trailer, but the smaller enclosed trailers are only 60" tall. Was wondering if it will fit, seems like i remember reading a hundred pages or so back that the standards are a little taller.
ruger35 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-03-2018, 02:46 AM   #2278
THoey1963

Got the big boy Ruger, so I can't answer your question, sorry. Someone will probably chime in soon, or you could email Chris. He answered all of my questions quickly. Probably was glad when I got my pit so I would go away. :)

Abe, I haven't heard many of us that bought the T-Plates that really use them. I'll let someone else respond or you can read this long thread to see. Mine are seasoned, in a plastic bag, in the garage. Only saw that season burn.

Not sure if they are really necessary. Not sure how long you need to cook, but I have poured KBB from front left around the back and up to front right, cooked all night, did briskets first, then a turkey and ribs, and still had charcoal left.

Again, read back or see what others respond. Up to you...

Old 02-04-2018, 02:52 AM   #2279
abe530
Got rid of the matchlight.

I read the comments in here about the T-Plates, and I certainly understand. But I've always used T-Plates in my vertical smokers. I just like them. I can arrange my charcoal and wood chunks in the exact way I like, and the results are typically predictable. Also, it looks pretty. Maybe it's an OCD thing. Either way, in the grand scheme, it's not a huge investment.
abe530 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2018, 09:26 AM   #2280
aah924
Found some matches.

Default Mini IVS tips

Thanks for all of the helpful info. I just completed my first cook, last night and had a 2am alarm that the pit temp dropped to around 180. I didn't have any issues, the night before when Inlet it run all night at 250 for the seasoning process. The main difference is that I did fill the water bin full, after up to 225. I drained the remaining water at 2am and opened the valves to get it back up to temp. I do have a DigiQ hooked up but do notice an appx 15 degree temp difference with the guru showing hitter than the smoker gauge. I did have the stack closed to appx 1/3 and the vent on the guru to appx 1/3 but the ball valve was open all of the way. When I went back down at 8 am the pit was at appx. 275 and the pork butts were done. Any suggestions overall? Is it normal to experience an appx 15 degree temp difference with the DigiQ being hotter? I do have the DigiQ tree probe holder and have it located appx level with the pit was my first cook, so I'm sure that it will take time to learn the pit. I am open to suggestions. Thanks!
aah924 is offline   Reply With Quote