A Breakfast Fatty Haurache

Wow that looks great! If I put that much effort in, breakfast wouldn't be ready till dinner.

Nice simple(tongue in cheek) breakfast! You seem to always take it up a knotch.

I have fatty piston envy. You inspired me to make a simple pvc piston which works great...but yours is a work of art.

Oh heck yeah!
If I ate that much for breakfast I wouldn't be worth much the rest of the day...

Nice catch on the channel cats. I haven't had my rods out for way too long.
lol Thanks Craig! I pretty much relaxed the whole weekend.
You need to go fishin'! :-D

A meal fit for a Queen :-D
Thanks so much Joe!! :-D

Looks great as always! No idea what a haurache is, but I'll have two of em please...

Thank you Andy! The store had these hauraches, ready to cook. I think they would be really easy to make at home. :-D

Jeanie, how am I supposed to camp and fish with you posting this kind of stuff?

In all seriousness, that's such an unbelievable camp meal. Congrats.
:laugh: Thanks Kevin! I am sure your camp meals are outstanding! Hope you're having a great week! :-D

That is just incredible, as always. What a great breakfast.

Thank you Dom! I'd trade for any one of your meals. :-D

Simply amazing. Love your posts.

Very kind of you Chester. Thanks!! :-D

Another killer post cowgirl!

Thanks so much Tom! :-D

Wow! You nailed it once again and great catch too.
Hope you're getting some fishing time in, Mike! Thanks! :-D

Beautiful scenery, and that fatty looks perfect.

Chris
Thank you Chris! It's one of my favorite camp spots. Nice and quiet there. :-D

Thanks for making me starve @ 5 am Jeanie. Another great cook.
lol Thank you Marty! Your cooks always make my tummy hungry. :laugh:

Words alone don’t do it justice,,,,,,luv your pics,,,,
Another WOW moment from Cowgirl !!!!
Keep it goin’ ,,,,ur posts are outstanding

Very kind of you Don!! Thanks so much! I'm behind on posting but have been cooking a bit. :-D

Great meal and post!

Thank you Richard! :-D

Never too many pictures!
I’ve never had a haurache either, but your breakfast sure looks better than my bowl of cheerios.

lol Thanks Mike! I eat cheerios at home but like a big breakfast when camping. Hope you try hauraches, they're pretty tasty! :-D

Most excellent!

Thank you Blue! :hug:

Fantastic!

Thanks so much! :-D

That is about as colorful and eye-popping of a presentation as I have ever seen! I agree with everyone here, your camping cooks are way better than most cooks in any fancy restaurant. I just hope the next throw down cook is not featuring haurache because you may be the only entrant:laugh:

you never disappoint, gal.
Ed
Thanks Ed! :-D

Wow! That would feed me for the day. Looks delicious. Nice catch too. Little bumpy out on that lake.
lol Thanks George! It did last all day. I cook breakfast and supper. Everyone is on their own for lunch. lol
Yes, the wind was strong that day! :-D

Wow that looks great! If I put that much effort in, breakfast wouldn't be ready till dinner.
lol Thanks Kevin! Someone actually commented that it was almost noon by the time I sat down to eat. :laugh:

Nice simple(tongue in cheek) breakfast! You seem to always take it up a knotch.

I have fatty piston envy. You inspired me to make a simple pvc piston which works great...but yours is a work of art.

Thanks Barry! :-D Glad the piston is working out for you! I actually like my old pvc piston better than this stainless one. The diameter on this one is smaller. I make it work though. lol

Just amazing Jeanie! That's a meal that I will never be able to get out of my mind and never be able to duplicate. Keep'em coming!

Thanks Josh!! I know you can cook circles around me. Thanks for the kind comment! :-D

That is about as colorful and eye-popping of a presentation as I have ever seen! I agree with everyone here, your camping cooks are way better than most cooks in any fancy restaurant. I just hope the next throw down cook is not featuring haurache because you may be the only entrant:laugh:

:laugh: Thanks Ron!! Food just tastes better when cooked over a camp fire. :-D
Hope you're having a wonderful week!

Impressive huarache AND fatty, Jeanie! Nice touch with the tatoes, too! How cold was it at the lake?

Impressive huarache AND fatty, Jeanie! Nice touch with the tatoes, too! How cold was it at the lake?

Thanks Richard! :-D
It was in the 70's during the day but dipped into the 30's one night. The campfire felt good! lol

Thanks Richard! :-D
It was in the 70's during the day but dipped into the 30's one night. The campfire felt good! lol

I'll bet it did when the mercury hit the 30's! It's getting into the low 40's here at night, and will continue to drop. This will be my first "fall experience", as SoCal really never quite had that, in comparison with where we are now. Quite lovely!

Please never apologies for "so many pictures". They're always awesome.
This looks amazing, purely spectacular. :clap2:

I'll bet it did when the mercury hit the 30's! It's getting into the low 40's here at night, and will continue to drop. This will be my first "fall experience", as SoCal really never quite had that, in comparison with where we are now. Quite lovely!
I bet the fall colors will be amazing! Your new neighborhood is beautiful!! :-D

Please never apologies for "so many pictures". They're always awesome.
This looks amazing, purely spectacular. :clap2:

Bob!!! Where in the heck have you been? lol I just mentioned you in woodpile yesterday. You are missed!
Hope all is well with you and family. Thanks for the kind comment. It's good to see ya!

Bob!!! Where in the heck have you been? lol I just mentioned you in woodpile yesterday. You are missed!
Hope all is well with you and family. Thanks for the kind comment. It's good to see ya!

Life is great! Family is happy and healthy, gotta new job, made it through the past couple years of "turmoil" with very few hurdles. Can't complain.
Funny that as soon as I come back, the first post I see is yours. I've been saying for YEARS that I wanted "notification" of new posts created by Jeanie.
I didn't get an email from the forum, so I'm saying it was "Divine Notification" that brought me back. :becky:

Life is great! Family is happy and healthy, gotta new job, made it through the past couple years of "turmoil" with very few hurdles. Can't complain.
Funny that as soon as I come back, the first post I see is yours. I've been saying for YEARS that I wanted "notification" of new posts created by Jeanie.
I didn't get an email from the forum, so I'm saying it was "Divine Notification" that brought me back. :becky:

:laugh: Funny, I haven't been posting cooks very often anymore. I'll post more if you show up! lol
So glad to hear that things are going well!! Congrats on the new job, that's great! :-D
Don't be a stranger!

Sounds like we've "made a deal"/"struck a compromise".....
I'll come to dinner more often, so as long as you're cooking it. :wink:
(....and showing pictures!)

CG-

That looks awesome. I'd eat it and wear the pan on my head like a Roman warrior afterword. Beautiful!! :mrgreen:

Back