The Official Pellet Grill Smoker thread.

I don't like the MAK's. I am sure they are great pellet smokers, but if im spending that kinda money, i want to like how they look.
Funny! I also think my smoker should look like a smoker.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I don't like the MAK's. I am sure they are great pellet smokers, but if im spending that kinda money, i want to like how they look.

No hard feelings from us MAK owners. To each their own... lol. I happen to think the Rec Tecs are pretty ugly... but again, to each their own :)

Out of all of the pellet grills on the market, my current favorite from a purely aesthetics standpoint is the Pitts and Spitts 1250. Just wish they’d raise the stack another 4 inches to keep the smoke from coming right back down on the stainless lid and leaving icky stains. Picky picky, I know.

Showing some Yoder love with brisket and wet cured/smoked bacon...

Attachments

• 29064529_10157112028409625_5626064448757741485_o.jpg
    29064529_10157112028409625_5626064448757741485_o.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 169
  • 27624787_10156977265394625_7624904666242720206_o.jpg
    27624787_10156977265394625_7624904666242720206_o.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 171
  • 27503350_10156977587559625_980464874436078243_o.jpg
    27503350_10156977587559625_980464874436078243_o.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 171
No hard feelings from us MAK owners. To each their own... lol. I happen to think the Rec Tecs are pretty ugly... but again, to each their own :)

Out of all of the pellet grills on the market, my current favorite from a purely aesthetics standpoint is the Pitts and Spitts 1250. Just wish they’d raise the stack another 4 inches to keep the smoke from coming right back down on the stainless lid and leaving icky stains. Picky picky, I know.
I've always really liked the looks of the 1 Star and I like how it cooks even better which is the most important thing, I'm also partial to the Memphis Grills, I hear they cook really good too. :grin:

I like the 1 Star. The yoder and blaz'n i really like the look. I thought the rain cover on the pitts and spitts was removable. That would be an unpleasant surprise.

I think the Yoder ys640 on the competition cart is by far the best looking pellet grill out. I like all sorts of pellet grills for different reasons though. Actually I just like pellet grills in general.

I like the 1 Star. The yoder and blaz'n i really like the look. I thought the rain cover on the pitts and spitts was removable. That would be an unpleasant surprise.

Non removable. Its welded. The stack should be a few inches higher.

I don't like the Rec Tecs either. Those Bull Horns for handles makes me cringe.

The Yoder 640 w/Orange cart i really like but i want WiFi so im holding out for a Timberline 1300.

My sarcasm detector is going off, but im not sure how to approach this post of yours. Reason being, is out of all the pellet smokers, Mak's look more like grills. I mean, if i didn't know a Mak 1 was a pellet smoker, at first glance i would think it was a grill.

I don't like the Rec Tecs either. Those Bull Horns for handles makes me cringe.

The Yoder 640 w/Orange cart i really like but i want WiFi so im holding out for a Timberline 1300.

Have you checked out the Blazin Grillworks GridIron? Looks a lot like the Yoder. Comp cart isn't as sexy, but it has wifi.

My sarcasm detector is going off, but im not sure how to approach this post of yours. Reason being, is out of all the pellet smokers, Mak's look more like grills. I mean, if i didn't know a Mak 1 was a pellet smoker, at first glance i would think it was a grill.

I don't think he has a Mak. Seen several posts from him, saying he didn't like the look.

Have you checked out the Blazin Grillworks GridIron? Looks a lot like the Yoder. Comp cart isn't as sexy, but it has wifi.

I don't think he has a Mak. Seen several posts from him, saying he didn't like the look.

I just picked up a blaz’n. Haven’t don’t any smoking besides ribs. They were good but hoping I can dial some more smoke in.

I just picked up a blaz’n. Haven’t don’t any smoking besides ribs. They were good but hoping I can dial some more smoke in.

Congrats on the new cooker. I think flavor starts with good pellets. If you aren't using them already, get you some Lumberjack 100% Hickory. They give the strongest smoke flavor, of any pellet I have tried. If you have an Atwoods nearby you can get them for $8.99 20lbs.

I’d try either a smoke tube or starting the ribs at <200 deg F for a couple hours

Congrats on the new cooker. I think flavor starts with good pellets. If you aren't using them already, get you some Lumberjack 100% Hickory. They give the strongest smoke flavor, of any pellet I have tried. If you have an Atwoods nearby you can get them for $8.99 20lbs.

Oh I know. But different cookers produce different amounts of smoke. This is my third pellet grill. Really wanted a Pitts and spitts but somewhat changed my mind when I found out I’m kinda related to the blazn people so I figured I’d give them a try.

Did some low carb ribs. SPOG for the seasoning and applied G Hughes bbq sauce last 20 minutes or so. Probably <6 carbs per rack. They were good though!

Last edited:
Did some low carb ribs. SPOG for the seasoning and applied G Hughes bbq sauce last 20 minutes or so. Probably <6 carbs per rack. They were good though!

They look fantastic! Low carb eating is where it’s at... by default it keeps you away from a lot of evil stuff :)

Those do look right tasty!

Memphis Elite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back