Saturday's Brisket

RDOwens

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
So, I have wanted brisket the last few weeks, but our schedule would not permit the cook; we have just been so busy!

Yesterday I picked up a 10.5 lbs. choice packer from the butcher. I trimmed it this morning and then injected with Butcher BBQ Prime brisket injection. I let it sit for a three and a half hours or so.

I fired up the WSM with RO along with two small hickory and one small apple chunks. I rubbed s&p all over.

Onto the smoker it went. About 3.75 hours later I wrapped it in hd foil. Forty-five minutes or so later I brought it into the kitchen and separated the flat and point. The flat went back onto the smoker (interestingly, I began debating that preposition. It seems to me those who use WSMs say "onto" while others say "into". Cocktails have been flowing.)

Forty-five minutes later the flat came off and rested for an hour. The point, cubed now for burnt ends, went back on. I made a No. 5 sauce for the burnt ends that will go on in a half hour or so.

Sliced the flat. Bend and pull tests were good. Loved the bark. My wife, who doesn't fawn over brisket, enjoyed it and came back for seconds. :)

It's always nice when the brisket satisfies!

25809822991_47af80a696_z.jpg

25881722216_3c1288939e_z.jpg

25820770931_851cf62284_z.jpg

25889841506_cc36c5c828_z.jpg

Nice brisket. Making the wife happy is always a good thing.

Looks good!
Must be Brisket Saturday I done brisket today also,but got surprised.
7lb flat @ 260 and it took 11 hours. Longest time for just a flat for me.

Looks good! Love that smoke ring. Looks awesome. Must be a brisket day as I am smoking one as well. I doubt mine will look that good. Brisket is a rare treat in our house. Only if it is a small Wal-Mart packed or on discount do we have it.
I love the pics. What kind of camera do you use?

I tried butcher bbq prime injection today for the 1st time. I was practicing for an upcoming comp, so wanted to give it a run. What are your thoughts about it? I thought I could taste a difference in the brisket, maybe a saltier taste. Not sure I prefer it to non injected brisket for personal consumption, but didn't have any complaints either.

I got it because I was not being real successful with my briskets and it was recommended. I like it all right, but frankly, I don't think it's needed. I still have some left so I use it.

Back