Looking for a new cook.

triplenet

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Having folks over for the games next weekend and would like to do something a little different than the normal shoulder or brisket.

Anyone have a good recipe that can feed a crowd but isn't the standard issue q?

Pulled bbq beef. Couple of chucks or bottom round or shoulder roast. Even brisket. Cook till 165-170 ish and then pan and cover with bbqsauce, root beer or dark cola, and a few shots of hot sauce.

Braise until you can shred with a fork and some soft buns.

Leftover brisket chili, kabobs, any meat in a crock pot, grill some tomahawk steaks and slice them for serving, that always make people go ooooohhhh aaaaahhhh. Im in a kabob mood now so I think I'll make some tomorrow!

Pepper Stout Beef is always a hit. I usually do two rounds of peppers/onions. First round diced fairly small that go in during the braise step for flavor, then another round coarsely chopped goes in about 20 minutes before it's done, because they'll still have their color and a little crunch, better presentation IMO. Serve on pretzel buns with various sliced cheese. Mmmmm...

Not a grill thing. Ever make pasties?

Never heard of that one. Had to take it to Google and got some very interesting results. My Google ads will be out of sorts for weeks.

After adding "recipe" to the query I determined a pasty is what we call a Natchitoches meat pie in these parts. It's definitely a go to for all of the wedding and corporate tailgate catering Co.

Whatever you do don’t serve rice-a-roni they’re playing San Francisco!:razz:

If you have a flat top or griddle try making some cheese steaks!
I’m originally from Philly and cheesesteaks go great with football and beer.

If you want to be really different do the Aussie football thing and make meat pies. Nothing better that a meat pie and a beer while watching a footy. I only attended a few games while there but jumped right into that tradition.

Last edited:
Back