Sawtooth Pellet Grill 610HD wowza (pic heavy)

snoqualmiesmoker

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Many years ago, i decided to get into the pellet game. One the years I've collected eggs, UDS's, an offset, and some insulated cabinets (Stump don't build no junk), but something about pellets kept calling me.

So two years ago, i grabbed a Yoder 640. Due to my OCD, i spend too much time researching pellets, temp flux, etc, and never could get that thing to work the way I wanted it to. Having a stoker set dead center, told me about temp. Yes, I'm a little anal about temp. I don't ask much, just close to the target temp at grate. So off it went to a new home, and my pellet fix was cleansed. Then, slowly it came back. So not he CL i went, starting with a Traeger junior, and that sucked, so then it was a Traeger Pro 34, and that was better, but flameouts after flameout, id had enough. All of these (except the yoder) were tin steel.
So onto the CL i went again, parting ways with Traeger. While perusing CL, i saw that Sams in Portland had a Sawtooth he claimed was 10 gauge steel. I went to the manufactures site and looked, not a mention. Anyway, it was true. A local dealer had one on their porch, so i peaked at it and it weighed ton and has a Roanoke PID controller (branded as a sawtooth). It also offered a Louisiana-grills/Yoder style firepot, not a the round kind, something i believe helps with smoking. And its build IN THE USA, in beautiful Boise, ID.
She's built like a tank.

Part 3: Service

I had a small issue when i got the grill after 24 hours of use, that the pellets were missing the firepot. It seems there is a guard and it got bent in shipping. So i send an email to the owner, Nelson White, and he says, i'll be in Portland, can i swing by on my way home. I live outside Seattle.

No kidding, this guy drives from Portland, hits a dealer, then personally swings by my house, removes the bent guard, notices I have a old gen defuser, replaces it, hangs out for a bit, shows me some ideas he's got, and off he goes back to Boise.

Now I've had some service, but that tops it off. I can't say enough good things about this grill and the ones he showed are in the pipe line. I still can't believe he swing by my house.

His thinner gauge are great too, just too light weight for me. I have constant wind and rain, up in the foothills, so the thicker steel was my thing.

Sure, there are a few things id change, like a bigger hopper (20LB), and the cover needs grommets, but that is about it.

If your looking for a USA made pellet grill with an amazing controller, look up Sawtooth. You wont be sorry.
Brisket tomorrow!

Congrats, looks like a beast and cool story about the guy coming to your house :thumb:

Good looking grub too :grin:

I had a small issue when i got the grill after 24 hours of use, that the pellets were missing the firepot. It seems there is a guard and it got bent in shipping. So i send an email to the owner, Nelson White, and he says, i'll be in Portland, can i swing by on my way home. I live outside Seattle.

No kidding, this guy drives from Portland, hits a dealer, then personally swings by my house, removes the bent guard, notices I have a old gen defuser, replaces it, hangs out for a bit, shows me some ideas he's got, and off he goes back to Boise.

Now I've had some service, but that tops it off. I can't say enough good things about this grill and the ones he showed are in the pipe line. I still can't believe he swing by my house.

His thinner gauge are great too, just too light weight for me. I have constant wind and rain, up in the foothills, so the thicker steel was my thing.

Sure, there are a few things id change, like a bigger hopper (20LB), and the cover needs grommets, but that is about it.

If your looking for a USA made pellet grill with an amazing controller, look up Sawtooth. You wont be sorry.
Brisket tomorrow!

The service experience on my Rectec has been exceptional -- but I'll have to admit, what he did is unreal. Looks like a great unit.

I've heard of Sawtooth controllers for pellet grills but didn't know they made an entire unit -- working under the very large assumption that it's the same company and maybe that's wrong.

I had not heard of that brand.
Nice rig!

I've heard of Sawtooth controllers for pellet grills but didn't know they made an entire unit -- working under the very large assumption that it's the same company and maybe that's wrong.

They do offer their controllers for sale. Saw someone put it in a RecTec on another forum.

Did a brisket last night but wanted to as the stoker dialogue to this thread.

Heavy rain and wind all night. BBQ delight pellets.
Drops are when I opened cooker.

That's Aggie for good story btw. Not a slight. Nice cooker.

Thks for posting! Never heard of these cookers but they look great. Enjoy!!!

Sure looks like you're enjoying your new rig!

Classy move by the company owner!

Enjoyed the pron. Hope it tasted as nice as it looked!

Not sure about the 10 gauge steel. All the grills on the web site are 16 gauge.

Not sure about the 10 gauge steel. All the grills on the web site are 16 gauge.

10-gage is 0.1345 inches thick - over 1/8-inch - and weighs 5.625 pounds per square foot. The 16-gage is certainly more believable.

Back