MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 11-27-2020, 06:08 PM   #16
Descartian
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Name/Nickname : Stephen Byrd

I will say that I was impressed with both birds. For the second cook it was for my employees that had to work. One of my guys brought up a deep fried turkey so we were going head to head for the best turkey. My smoked turkey overwhelmingly took the win.

I was a bit worried about the bird drying out in the smoker but with the dry brining I couldn’t have been more wrong. When I went to temp probe the breast, it gushed juices when I pulled the probe out and I mean gushed.

I think this is going to be my new holiday tradition.

Old 11-27-2020, 09:01 PM   #17
food4thot
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Erik, E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swine Spectator View Post
All of my turkeys get cherry wood. Perfect flavor IMHO.
I prefer pecan for poultry. And, it smells almost as good as cherry.