1HP Weston Meat Grinder- Initial Review

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
First Impression
Cost-- Bed Bath & Beyond $160+ tax free shipping with 20% off coupon
Arrived in a few days, double boxed really well packaged for shipping
Unbox simple, cleaned and hit with food grade silicone (LEM)
Assembly for grinding super simple
Has lock/unlock to remove auger feed tube parts
Sturdy, heavy duty, suction cup to prevent machine from walking
Purchased 3# of choice sirloin steak. Yellow Tag.
Cubed into two inch squares
Machine processed faster than I could feed. 30-40 second tops
No bogging down, no straining, no sinew wrap.
First impression is it's a winner. More to come in future

#neverquitgrinding

Last edited:
I am just in the beginning to a grind return. Once upon a time I processed my own deer. simple enough
backstrap butterfly, tenders whole. some cutlets and burger. :little deer near Brownwoodl TX. My goal s to avoid bone in burger (and pork too) Lately everything I buy has bone frags.im not going to quit buying store meat but when I see boneless beef cuts in the bargain bin, Im going to make some burger.
bought some Hi Mountain Breakfast Sausage Seasoning, I didn't see any AC Legs but I hear that's the primo.

I always cut my meat into long strips, semi freeze and it just feeds itself and don't have to the pushy thing dirty.
Ed

the plunger wasn't used much, as the meat went straight down the pipe and auger grabbed it quickly.

I always cut my meat into long strips, semi freeze and it just feeds itself and don't have to the pushy thing dirty.
Yup. Some grinds I never use the pushy thing at all; I push with the next semi-frozen strip on the rare occasion a push is needed.

I use a shaker to put the sausage seasoning on the strips as they sit in the sheet pan, then just grind once. If using two meats I put them onto the sheet pan as randomly mixed as I can. There is almost no end to my laziness.

Back