Louie Mueller Part II

Rockinar

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Made another trip out to Louie Mueller to remember anything about it and pick up some fresh tshirts and a new hat, it's been a while.

Got brisket, ribs, sausage.

Brisket was good, a bit salty. I have a hard time believing that's 9:1 pepper to salt ratio. They insist it is, so I guess I will take their word for it.

Ribs, good. They were a good size and meaty. I wish I could find some like this at the store. Store bought ribs seem to be really greasy and fatty. Don't care a lot for the seasoning, but they were still good.

Sausage was the green chili sausage. It was OK, not my favorite.

They had a lot of options and I can only eat so much. Was really temped to get a Frito Pie. I'm a sucker for a Frito Pie.

Either way I still like that place. It's like a step back into 1950, I could sit in there every weekend and eat Frio Pies and stare at the walls and image what it was like back then.

30myf80.jpg

10qf813.jpg

67ry86.jpg

zvanio.jpg

That's one place that is definitely on my list to go back. I'd already eaten one lunch at Snow's with Frognot, and, unfortunately, was not hungry enough to give this better second lunch the hunger it deserved. When we visited, all those tables were full and there was a line of people wrapped around them and out the front door.

That's one place that is definitely on my list to go back. I'd already eaten one lunch at Snow's with Frognot, and, unfortunately, was not hungry enough to give this better second lunch the hunger it deserved. When we visited, all those tables were full and there was a line of people wrapped around them and out the front door.

Both times I got there right at opening on a Saturday and it was not busy at all. Today I got there right at opening and I was 5th in line. The first 4 people got theirs to-go so the place was empty when I sat down and took pics. I ate and hung out a bit and a line never formed. People trickled in and most got to-go orders.

Last time I got there right at opening on a Saturday and was about 8th in line and it quickly started to get to the door by the time I finished eating, but the weather was nicer and warmer then.

I think only a handful are year round places like Franklin’s BBQ. Most places rely on the steady lunch crowd to keep the place packed.

Was there a few weeks ago, brisket was off the hook. Turkey was very good. Sausage, not so much, rubbery skin & dry. Wasn't a fan of the coleslaw either.

Back