Offset pellet conversion or Minion method

BigDon

Knows what a fatty is.
I am not interested in a stick burner but have found a patio reverse flow I really like. Anyone have any luck with the Minion method? Next option I was looking at was getting a hopper from Smoke Daddy and turning it into a pellet pooper. I am looking for something to get me a few hours sleep at night and not have to babysit so much. The cook chamber is 24x36 with 3 racks.

Thanks for any help!

From what I've read it'll eat thru a lot of charcoal but it can be done.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If you really want to burn charcoal you'll be much happier with a vertical cabinet or a UDS, PBC or WSM.

If you buy a reverse flow stick burner use it to burn sticks. Then use a UDS when you don't have time.

I’d get an Insulated Cabinet Charcoal Smoker - plenty to choose from.
If you want pellets Assassin has pelletized their Assassin Grill.....or get one of them other Pellet “Smokers”.......

Thanks guys! I was hoping with the insulated FB and the smaller cooking chamber maybe charcoal or pellets would work. I see Yoder heating those YS1500 with pellets so I thougt maybe it might have a chance.

Thanks guys! I was hoping with the insulated FB and the smaller cooking chamber maybe charcoal or pellets would work. I see Yoder heating those YS1500 with pellets so I thougt maybe it might have a chance.

charcoal WILL work. combustion is not voodoo it's science.

youll just need to run it like you run a drum. more charcoal than needed and then you have to control it with your air intake.

charcoal WILL work. combustion is not voodoo it's science.

youll just need to run it like you run a drum. more charcoal than needed and then you have to control it with your air intake.

Thanks!

So would a fan with a controler help or a natural regulated air flow work better?

Thanks!

So would a fan with a controler help or a natural regulated air flow work better?

a fan with a controller should work better. I mean, you should be able to set it and forget it even without a controller as long as you have the airflow correct,

but a fan just makes it a lot easier to maintain tight temp controls.

I takes a chimney of charcoal and couple of splits to heat the steel and get mine up to temp. I dont see how a little smoldering charcoal or pellets would work or would ever get it up to temp.

I takes a chimney of charcoal and couple of splits to heat the steel and get mine up to temp. I dont see how a little smoldering charcoal or pellets would work or would ever get it up to temp.

So how does the Yoder 649 or even the 1500 work so well? I understand the don't have a fb but they are still having to heat a large area with pellets and it looks like they do a good job at it.

Back