High Plains Burrito Shenanigans - w/ Pr0n!

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Been away from the ranch for a bit, doing some work.

k9dul20h.jpg

Made it home last night and I've had a severe hankerin' for something on the grill, but also some Mexican/Latin flair.

Tonybel's Carne Asada Recipe sounds perfect!

The local Mexican Grocery didn't have any good looking meat for asada, but I still want those flavors. Guess I'll use some of their meat cut up "for tacos."

Ejt5r9Ih.jpg

Hit the meat with some Carne Asada seasoning, some lime and orange juice, cilantro, white onion. Stirred in cumin, garlic powder, and oregano to make sure all is covered.

oindjWkh.jpg

Didn't have a Corona, but found a cold beverage that should work just fine in the marinade.

jobe9Wth.jpg

Into the fridge for a bit.

"Take Warning!" Almost time for the next installment of the Stanley Cup Playoffs: Carolina Hurricanes vs. Washington Capitals. There's a Storm Front Coming!

More to follow. Thin blue and kind regards.

Can't have a burrito without good beans. That means a variation on my momma's bean dip.

Once I discovered frijoles made with chicharrones, it simply HAD to be.

YompDush.jpg

d7RsRYfh.jpg

Teaching our little one about taste testing to see that a dish is done.

13f1Sqyh.jpg

She beat me to the scoops...

LzEVOyBh.jpg

Wheeeeee, Dawgie! That's some good eatin'.

Fired up the kettle with lump, and started cooking the beef along with some good chorizo.

C4JLOFbh.jpg

h3Y9kRUh.jpg

22HJN24h.jpg

CINCHOUSE whipped up some quick guacamole, and we applied some salsa verde and salsa roja.

I don't have a TD-worthy shot, but the flavors involved in this are off the charts!

WkqqbA8h.jpg

BossLady also asked for some Margaritas, and we got a little crazy with the Tajin.... using some on the glass rim this time. It's a winner!

Oh, hell, yes!

NZTEb8Gh.jpg

Y'all have a great weekend.

Kind regards and thin blue.

Thanks, folks.

I think I'll change my strategy with future cooks, as I really do like the pre-cut/ground/whatever meat from the butcher. It's a good size with good fat to lean ratio, and it's perfect for marination/seasoning before the cook.

Clay - those beans have been a life changer, man. I love Chicharrones, but I'd never had frijoles with them mixed in! The texture is a little more loose, but they really do have great flavor.

Ron - Our girl RAN into the kitchen when it was time to make the beans, and she did a great job with adding the spices, the cheese, and the multiple stirring-jobs I gave her. She's a classic 3 yr-old. :roll: :wink: :crazy:

We've got plenty of leftovers, so I see a really good burrito in the cards for Monday lunch.

Back to this bloody 3-0 rout by the Caps of my beloved Canes. *sigh* :shock: :cry:

Back