IamMadMan, you rock! Thanks for taking the time and sharing this info and your knowledge with us all. I am a novice at best when it comes to curing and have had the problems you speak of with internet recipes. I've been using ThirdEye's recipes for pastrami, etc, because I trust his expertise. This thread is being bookmarked and will be used as reference for future cures. Everything in one spot will make it much easier.............and safer! :thumb:

............And I second the suggestion of making this a sticky!

Last edited:
Thanks for taking the time and sharing this info and your knowledge with us all. I am a novice at best when it comes to curing and have had the problems you speak of with internet recipes.

I've been using ThirdEye's recipes for pastrami, etc, because I trust his expertise. This thread is being bookmarked and will be used as reference for future cures. Everything in one spot will make it much easier.............and safer! :thumb:

............And I second the suggestion of making this a sticky!

You should be very comfortable using Wayne's (Thirdeye) Posts, Recipes, and his Blog. He is very thorough with his work and has a genuine passion for the craft of curing and the smoking of meats.

I reference his posts to others all the time because he is always on the mark.

Thanks for all that info and all the help on mowe. You're a mad scientist, keep that up!!!

Last edited:
Your government thanks you for your tax donation to pay for this hour of one of their employees time.

Cheers

PSA from a rookie sausage maker. Don't be this guy.

While researching sausage making I stumbled on this video. I saw a guy using this curing salt without measuring it.

I'm sure the guy didn't know but this is a total curing salt NO-NO. It made me cringe when he did this. I hope the comments made him rethink his method of measuring.
https://youtu.be/kEPYb80o5Ko?t=392

Back