Smoked Bolo

rewindme

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
Hello guys... Ive been on here for a few years, just remaining in the shadows reading mostly... I have smoked several chubs of bolo over the years, and wondering what everyone uses for rubs? Just looking for a different idea....

Had to look up bolo to see what it is. I've never cooked bologna on the grill, will be doing that soon.

Jack

smoking chub then slicing and frying takes it to another level.I always smoke naked.

I would say that bolo's are just another type of sausage. I think most sausage is smoked nakid. I also would like to add if you'll notice only the people that have commented, at this point anyway, are from the south including this ole Carolina boy. Only someone with an educated palate would have the experience to chime in on this high end culinary offering.

I take a piece of 1" diameter pipe and cut a round hole all the way through the bologna lengthwise and stuff it with Monterey Jack cheese. You talk about good.

I would say that bolo's are just another type of sausage. I think most sausage is smoked nakid. I also would like to add if you'll notice only the people that have commented, at this point anyway, are from the south including this ole Carolina boy. Only someone with an educated palate would have the experience to chime in on this high end culinary offering.
I grew up with chubs of bologna. I am from Southern Michigan, though. Used to grind it up with sweet pickles for sandwiches.

Back