• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

To Paint or Not to Paint my UDS

charlieg

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Just got a brand new no liner RED 55 gallon drum. The company produced the wrong color. Anyway, The color is perfect. My question is Can I get away without painting this drum or will the it start peeling if I dont paint it. I have always sanded my drums and painted them different colors but since this drum is perfect already I dont want to screw it up. Help

I got tired of fighting mother nature. My UDS is truly ugly and turned into a rust cylinder.

You can absolutely leave the factory paint on your new drum. It will hold up just as good, or better, than a rattlecan paint job. :thumb:

leave it- may not survive a "left the lid off- oh hell fire is licking the eaves" scenario... if that happens I see a rattle can spray job in your future.

leave it- may not survive a "left the lid off- oh hell fire is licking the eaves" scenario... if that happens I see a rattle can spray job in your future.

I hear you. I had a beautifully painted Chicago Bears UDS that got caught like that :mad2: ... it still cooks great cue!

Yep to that. Happened to me twice :-(

I hear you. I had a beautifully painted Chicago Bears UDS that got caught like that ... it still cooks great cue!

I have a Packers one that looks great.

Back