lawrys and pepper brisket

smoke ninja

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I haven't cooked a brisket yet this year. that definitely needed to change. stopped at restaurant depot and picked up a few choice briskets for under $4/lbs.

I decided to take it back to basics tonight. for seasonings I used nothing but lawrys and restaurant grind black pepper the trim was lighter than usual. no slathers or gimmicks.

start time was 11pm. I'll check on it before I crash for the night and then wake up at 5am to wrap and finish

Lawry's is my go to for lots of meats, including prime ribs roasts, and briskets. I remember a few years ago there was a youtube video of a popular youtube bbq'er that said to use 50/50 kosher salt/black pepper, then a heavy coating of Lawry's. That dudes salt tolerance must be high because i ruined a $75 brisket. It was a salt lick. I bet if i didn't throw it in the trash, it would still be safe to eat today.

Brisket was good. I actually changed a lot up from my routine. Meant to get a pick but didn't. Thing has dripping with juices, it looked one one of those wagyu tallow wrap guys unwrapping videos

I would consider using lawry's and black pepper again. reminds me of a lot of bbq restaurants profile.

Back