JULY ***SPECIAL*** "Summer Cookouts" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread) LASTS All Month!!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our New July SPECIAL Throwdown Category is...

"Summer Cookouts!"

bJgFeJXh.jpg

This was tom b's winning entry in the 2019 "Let's See Your Best Grillshots" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

1. Let's see how you do a summer cookout! For your entry photo, you might show a plated spread of grilled/BBQ goodies, or food cooking on the grill, or whatever a summer cookout looks like to you in picture form!

2. This is an open category, meaning you can cook anything you like that conforms to the category description.

3. Standard Throwdown rules apply.

4. MULTIPLE ENTRIES ARE ALLOWED and encouraged for this Throwdown!

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 7/2 through the entry submission deadline of 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 8/2/21.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 8/2.

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
Kicking off the month.........

This is my first official entry into the July *Special* Summer Cookout Throwdown.

Today I cooked a couple of racks of ribs as a thank you for a couple of buddies who helped me pick up my Yoder YS640. There was one rack left for the kids and I.

I couldn't post a pic on a plate because I ate mine right from the cutting board........:heh:

Anyway, here is the evidence. Please use the single rib picture as my entry.

Rubbed and ready to go on the smoker.....
SV4GJWsl.jpg

Resting in the foil....
BJVAP3Ul.jpg

On the cutting board....
LiIxZDIl.jpg

First rib for me off the new cooker.....
PtzPDzKl.jpg

This is my Entry in the July SPECIAL"Summer Cookouts" Throwdown

Rack of lamb chops, Armenian BBQ Style on the Kettle:

Seasoned chops:

Finishing sear, and entry photo:

No cook thread on this, but if you'd like to learn more about how I seasoned and marinated the chops Armenian style, have a look here:

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=273898

Entry #2, made a bunch of MOINK Balls for a friends 4th of July party.

Please use this as my entry photo.

kjoPmHLh.jpg

Cook thread HERE.

Spectacular MOINKS, Andy! I see a potential double entry here...:thumb:

Spectacular MOINKS, Andy! I see a potential double entry here...:thumb:
Not really elevating the MOINKS, actually used the WalMart mini meatballs. Although I did use two Brethren products, Oakridge & Yes Dear. Maybe that elevates things. :wink:

This is my entry for this throwdown.

I haven't posted in a while. Its time for me to share. I decided to make a bunch of meat for the ER on the 4th.

So I grilled up some chicken drums and thighs, and some tri tip.

The drumsticks came out nice.

The thighs came out the best looking. (Please use this picture for my submission)

The tri tips came out nice as well. I thought the internal temp was perfect at rare, but I had to cook it more for the discerning tastes of my coworkers.
(I would also like to submit this photo for this throwdown).

The grilled corn was nice as well. Coated with olive oil and seasoned salt prior to grilling. I used the microwave to fully cook the corn prior to grilling (yes the microwave).

All of the food that I took into the "office" was gone my morning, I was very happy that everyone was able to enjoy it even though we all worked the night of the 4th (3rd-4th) as we don't close. There was also shrimp that I did not picture, it cooked so quickly that I was not able to get any photos of it.

- G

Here is my entry ribs & chicken

Attachments

• BBF3B56A-5604-4E47-870C-387254E54473.jpg
    BBF3B56A-5604-4E47-870C-387254E54473.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 406
  • E63AF08F-C491-4126-ADF5-46EDE75ADD23.jpg
    E63AF08F-C491-4126-ADF5-46EDE75ADD23.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 223
  • FC293D70-0493-44F9-89EB-CFEAE68C983B.jpg
    FC293D70-0493-44F9-89EB-CFEAE68C983B.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 222
Here is my entry ribs & chicken

Which pic would you like used for your entry? Please remember to follow the Throwdown Rules.

2. Only one picture from your entry can be used for voting, so please specify which one you want used, otherwise the moderator will choose and the moderator’s decision is final.*

Yes. I seem to be challenged with posting photos. Couldn't figure out how to post the picture itself rather than the link.

Sorry Moose. I just read the rules. Please accept my picture as an entry.

This my official entry into the July summer cookout throwdown. What is July and summer without s'mores?! Roasted the marshmallows over the coals in the egg after a dinner cook then sandwich between two graham crackers with a peanut butter cup. Wrap them in foil and toss onto the grate for a few minutes to melt the chocolate. The first picture with the s'more on the plate is my entry (only one made it to the plate...)

Attachments

• S'more.jpg
    S'more.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 338
  • S'more_BGE.jpg
    S'more_BGE.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 148
Back