MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 08-28-2018, 11:26 AM   #391
Rockinar
is One Chatty Farker

So did he send the money?

Last edited by Rockinar; 08-28-2018 at 11:31 AM..
Rockinar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-28-2018, 01:38 PM   #392
TopItOff
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Bobby

He says the wire has been sent. I haven’t confirmed with the bank yet. I had no problem giving him my banking information because I rarely keep money in that account and using the account for nefarious means would be a federal charge for each instance of use.
TopItOff is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-28-2018, 02:25 PM   #393
DRMSMKER
Full Fledged Farker

This thread has become the Geraldo Rivera Al Capone vault thread. The anticipation is killing me!
DRMSMKER is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 08-28-2018, 02:46 PM   #394
yoursangoma
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Brett

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRMSMKER View Post
This thread has become the Geraldo Rivera Al Capone vault thread. The anticipation is killing me!
Did you mean to say

JERRY!! JERRY!! JERRY!! JERRY!!

Old 08-28-2018, 04:18 PM   #395
fgavitt
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

I bet he's just had a raffle for some obscure and unverifiable charitable cause
fgavitt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-28-2018, 05:20 PM   #396
Czarbecue
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Viet King Cong

TopItOff is either rolling around in his money or on a road trip to see Donnie. Either way, we need updates!

Old 08-28-2018, 05:28 PM   #397
Built Rite
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : Donnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarbecue View Post
TopItOff is either rolling around in his money or on a road trip to see Donnie. Either way, we need updates!
I sent him confirmation of the money sent today.
To recap I agreed to pay him $11,500, he paid me $10,500 for a deposit. I added the extra to cover his trip here and back and for his trouble.
Today I sent him $10,500 and will have the other $1,000 I added in the next few days. I wanted him to at least have the money he sent me back. I will be a few days late possibly per the agreement I made, but am doing what I said I would do.
Built Rite is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 08-28-2018, 05:35 PM   #398
Built Rite

Now I know most of you think I'm a scammer or thief. But you could not all be further from the truth.
I don't expect or need you all to like me or buy from me. But I would like the constant accusations and sarcastic comments to stop.
It takes a man to own up to his mistakes and correct them and that is what I'm doing. I am a smaller business and I may not be able to correct them as fast as some or I would like, however I will correct each and every mistake I have made. Every customer of mine will be made whole whether it be through refund or getting their smoker. And I will overcome this and continue to build great smokers!
I sincerely appreciate Top it off for working with me and being fair with his updates. It will not be forgotten!

Thanks from: --->
Old 08-28-2018, 05:37 PM   #399
Built Rite

And I hope this thread finally stops!!!

Old 08-29-2018, 07:34 AM   #400
jahruan
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Built Rite View Post
Now I know most of you think I'm a scammer or thief. But you could not all be further from the truth.
I don't expect or need you all to like me or buy from me. But I would like the constant accusations and sarcastic comments to stop.
It takes a man to own up to his mistakes and correct them and that is what I'm doing. I am a smaller business and I may not be able to correct them as fast as some or I would like, however I will correct each and every mistake I have made. Every customer of mine will be made whole whether it be through refund or getting their smoker. And I will overcome this and continue to build great smokers!
I sincerely appreciate Top it off for working with me and being fair with his updates. It will not be forgotten!
Donnie mentioned me the other day. Yes I did receive my $4000 back after waiting for 6 months for a smoker to be built, that was almost finished several times, going to paint this weekend, and just about finished. All lies. I previously purchased a smoker from Donnie a year prior and it was no issues but then again it was probably timing as I was heading to Florida and was able to get one. Donnie is a scammer. So many people have reached out to me in regards to him owing so much money. He is not overbooked and understaffed. For someone who is so booked he should have a damn yard full of projects or T least 50k in metal supplies laying around. I have tons of text messages from this dude for anyone who wants to see. He needs to be shut down. I'm willing to spend my time and money and bring all the messages to court in Georgia. Anyone need my help let me know.
jahruan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-29-2018, 08:14 AM   #401
Built Rite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahruan View Post
Donnie mentioned me the other day. Yes I did receive my $4000 back after waiting for 6 months for a smoker to be built, that was almost finished several times, going to paint this weekend, and just about finished. All lies. I previously purchased a smoker from Donnie a year prior and it was no issues but then again it was probably timing as I was heading to Florida and was able to get one. Donnie is a scammer. So many people have reached out to me in regards to him owing so much money. He is not overbooked and understaffed. For someone who is so booked he should have a damn yard full of projects or T least 50k in metal supplies laying around. I have tons of text messages from this dude for anyone who wants to see. He needs to be shut down. I'm willing to spend my time and money and bring all the messages to court in Georgia. Anyone need my help let me know.
You got your deposit back quit trying to cause trouble.
Like I have said I'm not going anywhere Jamaal. There is nothing you or anyone else can do about it. Everyone will get what they paid for and I'll keep building smokers like I said.
I don't see why you feel the need to try and drag it out any further. You got your refund move along

Old 08-29-2018, 09:20 AM   #402
yoursangoma
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Brett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Built Rite View Post
You got your deposit back quit trying to cause trouble.
Like I have said I'm not going anywhere Jamaal. There is nothing you or anyone else can do about it. Everyone will get what they paid for and I'll keep building smokers like I said.
I don't see why you feel the need to try and drag it out any further. You got your refund move along
My guess is that he doesn't want anyone else to go through the horrible experience he had with you.

Old 08-29-2018, 09:31 AM   #403
pmad
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoursangoma View Post
My guess is that he doesn't want anyone else to go through the horrible experience he had with you.
Yes, Brethern look out for each other.
Warning about questionable vendors is part of that.
pmad is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-29-2018, 10:13 AM   #404
Built Rite

Final Update
Top it off was just sent the final $1000 payment.
He has been paid in full!

Old 08-29-2018, 10:14 AM   #405
Built Rite

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoursangoma View Post
He also was not 100% truthful with his situation. But it's fine I have done what I said I would do.

Tags
built right, built rite, built rite cookers, built rite smokers, builtrite, Donnie Boston, ripoff artist