MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-07-2018, 04:54 PM   #316
Beentown
is One Chatty Farker

There was another FB page of many, many others saying that Donnie Boston of Built Rite smokers has ripped them off lately. I suggested they post here but they are not members.
SDG 26' Concession rig, Weber 22.5" x 3, RecTeq1250, UDS with IQ 110, Shirley Fabrication Cabinet Model 24x60 trailer, LS Grillz Large IVS w/offroad package (on the way), Humphreys Q'bed Pint, Assassin 48

Last edited by Beentown; 07-07-2018 at 07:09 PM..
Beentown is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-07-2018, 05:44 PM   #317
TopItOff
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Bobby

Donnie runs the buy, sell, or trade Facebook page, so he regularly won’t let folks in on the private page. I requested to be a part of the page a long time ago and never got let in. I also have seen Donnie block folks for posting negative messages on his Built Rite page.

I texted him 2 days ago asking if he wanted me to text him a picture of his signed agreement for his record Ls and I am still waiting for a response. My best guess is that he will only reach out when he can’t meet the deadline. I am betting he will try to extend it another month by offering to give me another $500-1000 for an extra 30 days. It will not happen but his time. I will ask for a considerable amount more.
TopItOff is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-07-2018, 07:10 PM   #318
Beentown
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopItOff View Post
Donnie runs the buy, sell, or trade Facebook page, so he regularly won’t let folks in on the private page. I requested to be a part of the page a long time ago and never got let in. I also have seen Donnie block folks for posting negative messages on his Built Rite page.

I texted him 2 days ago asking if he wanted me to text him a picture of his signed agreement for his record Ls and I am still waiting for a response. My best guess is that he will only reach out when he can’t meet the deadline. I am betting he will try to extend it another month by offering to give me another $500-1000 for an extra 30 days. It will not happen but his time. I will ask for a considerable amount more.
I'd be done asking and follow through on option #1.
SDG 26' Concession rig, Weber 22.5" x 3, RecTeq1250, UDS with IQ 110, Shirley Fabrication Cabinet Model 24x60 trailer, LS Grillz Large IVS w/offroad package (on the way), Humphreys Q'bed Pint, Assassin 48

Old 07-07-2018, 07:21 PM   #319
Inthewoods
Quintessential Chatty Farker

I remember stepping in on the first page of this thread and then I stepped away...seeing this as far as it's come...wow! What a piece of work....one day...and it's on the way...always is... this guy is going to burn the absolutely wrong person, and the reaping of the sowing is going to be very ugly.

-D
Inthewoods is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 07-07-2018, 08:42 PM   #320
Baychilla
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Joe

Sadly he hasn't been awarded a matching pair of stainless steel bracelets and a few years supply of nutriloaf.
Baychilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-07-2018, 10:27 PM   #321
fgavitt
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Have the name of that site? Thanks
fgavitt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-07-2018, 10:36 PM   #322
BBQ Freak
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : BBQ Mojo

and people keep buying from him is what I do not get , lol .

[Font="impact"]Luke's Firepits / Grill[/Font]

[Font="impact"]Lone Star Grillz Mini Insulated Cabinet Smoker[/Font]
BBQ Freak is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-08-2018, 08:36 AM   #323
Beentown
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgavitt View Post
Have the name of that site? Thanks
https://m.facebook.com/groups/419484...75400399156599

Old 07-08-2018, 10:12 AM   #324
TopItOff
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ Freak View Post
and people keep buying from him is what I do not get , lol .
Aid
People see his smokers on display on a website or a Facebook page and don’t see all the issues. When I gave him my money I assumed like most folks that if he is in business and has a website he must be legit. I talked with Donnie over the phone, texted back and forth with him, and nothing set off any alarms.
The fact. That he used my money to complete builds for other folks and isn’t paying a part of the profit is something that really pisses me off. I told him as such and the number he came up with is what he said he could come up with in 60 days. We shall see.

Old 07-08-2018, 10:13 AM   #325
TopItOff
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beentown View Post
If you aren’t a member you will have to request access to the page from Donnie. Good luck getting him to give you access.

Old 07-08-2018, 03:37 PM   #326
fgavitt
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beentown View Post
Can't get link to work, says content forbidden or something to that effect
fgavitt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-08-2018, 04:43 PM   #327
BBQ Freak
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : BBQ Mojo

link takes me to a lang group .

[Font="impact"]Luke's Firepits / Grill[/Font]

[Font="impact"]Lone Star Grillz Mini Insulated Cabinet Smoker[/Font]
BBQ Freak is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-08-2018, 06:24 PM   #328
NYC ‘Que
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : T.J.

I can’t believe I just read all that. My head is spinning. And yeah, this guy is a crook, plain and simple. In all of his defenses, he kept stating that he was overbooked, yet he continued to take money and promise delivery dates that he knew to be false. At the very least that’s fraud. There’s absolutely no defense to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 07-08-2018, 06:38 PM   #329
Beentown
is One Chatty Farker

Etmology.com

The origin comes from the*Peter*tax and the*Paul*tax: The expression refers to times before the Reformation when Church taxes had to be*paid*to St.Paul's*church in London and to St.Peter's*church in Rome; originally it referred to neglecting the*Peter*tax in order to have money to*pay*the*Paul tax.

Also see Built Rite Smokers business practices....

Old 07-08-2018, 08:13 PM   #330
jdtTX
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgavitt View Post
I won his "raffle" in December, a raffle that raised nearly $10,000. I haven't seen the award and doubt I every will. I've already filed a complaint in Fl. as you know. I'm going to file in GA., here in a few days. The difference is GA. SAG doesn't assist in individual cases but they do if there's a pattern and there certainly seems to be. I may be asking for your name and another information you may have, off line of course. You're a generous man to have given him a second chance, I sincerely hope it works out for you.
Might want to try the who governs gaming in Georgia. Those facebook raffles aren't legal. They typically need to be managed by a non-profit.
jdtTX is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
built right, built rite, built rite cookers, built rite smokers, builtrite, Donnie Boston, ripoff artist