Y'all Can Kiss My...

I did the same thing. Swore I wouldn't go back, but the ease of it just makes it worth it. I'm collecting different styles now.

It's a beast. Will Do the initial burn shortly. Going to watch a few videos and register

Now all you need is a RecTec wifi pid controller and you got yourself a $1500 comparable pellet smoker for under $500 total. But maybe the newer PB models have more accurate controllers.

Now all you need is a RecTec wifi pid controller and you got yourself a $1500 comparable pellet smoker for under $500 total. But maybe the newer PB models have more accurate controllers.

not the Austin. they still do a good job but an upgraded controller does make it a beast.

hey Adams, where is the firepot located? on my pitboss classic it's in the middle. would much prefer it off to the side as the hot spot is insane

I'v e been using a lowly PB Classic for 2 yrs. now. Got it a Walmart on their summer sale for $300. It holds temp. If checked on my Grill the graph is almost a straight line. Always starts, I vacuum it out about every 10 hrs of use. My digital display quit about 6 mo ago after a snowstorm. It stays outside 24-7. I do use the cover but we had a -8 deg cold snap. I am thinking about Pit Boss PID replacement on control for $150 but it works so well using marks on knob I am afraid to change anything. I go between this unit and my Weber gas grill I purchased in '98. I grill outside one way or another at least 5 times a week
Good luck in your choice.
Red Blaze

not the Austin. they still do a good job but an upgraded controller does make it a beast.

hey Adams, where is the firepot located? on my pitboss classic it's in the middle. would much prefer it off to the side as the hot spot is insane

The smoke daddy inc heavy D stick burning diffuser will take care of hot spots and give you TBS at higher temps. Works insanely good for doing smoked whole chickens.
Make sure to buy the version for Pit Boss grills.Theres a drop down menu when ordering.

Having owned a pellet grill previously I’m going to try to do a few things different. One of those is in this photo. Elevated grate over a pan. Plans, go figure. I kept my GMG super clean but it sill had a tendency for a stopped up/clogged drain. That was aggravating to clean every time prior to and after. I’m not necessarily going to baby it, but quicker more thorough routine maintenance. And watch myself around the extension cord.

Fattys-The Pellet Journey Begins, Again

Y’all are a hoot.

I’m not happy unless I’m picking up oak wood in the backyard and using that to Q with. Since I’m out of practice I’ll cheat by adding briquettes to even out the flame.

Ok, I don’t know how to use the quote feature. I presume 16adams was asking what kind of grill I used. For last night’s lamb chops I used a 12” diameter iron pot grill I bought at the drugstore for $6.00. Including the carrying case cum cooler and foldable flip grill rack. Cooks like a dream.

Yes, I have other grills but this is the one I used last night.

Ok, I don’t know how to use the quote feature. I presume 16adams was asking what kind of grill I used. For last night’s lamb chops I used a 12” diameter iron pot grill I bought at the drugstore for $6.00. Including the carrying case cum cooler and foldable flip grill rack. Cooks like a dream.

Yes, I have other grills but this is the one I used last night.

To use the quote feature, click the quote button on the lower right corner of the post you are quoting from.

Back