Recommend me some spicy pickles

APPARITION

Reaction score
I recently had a jar of kickass spicy pickle spears. Pretty tasty not that hot.

I see killer hogs has some and I've had famous daves devils spit pickles.

I'm looking for the hottest pickles that can be bought, any recommendations?

I would buy some Mrs. Wages "Refrigerator" pickle mix, you add the water and vinegar, they have a 4 or 5 month life in the fridge. The Kosher dill is my favorite, but I do use a low sugar version of the Refrigerator bread and butter mix for jalapenos.

5LmM5d5.jpg

With these products you can pickle about anything you want, and for spicy just add your favorite red pepper flakes, pods jalapenos, serranos or whatever. I do blanch green beans and asparagus.

bfeAing.jpg

Q13IxEk.jpg

I would just find a pickle you enjoy the flavor of, and some dried ghosts/scorpions/whatever. Throw the dried chiles in a food processor or coffee grinder ( BE MINDFUL IT WILL REQUIRE CLEANING) and add them to said pickles. Give it a couple days and they should be very very hot.

^^^ Pretty much that. Semi-homemade. Jar of Costco Dill Cornichons, 2-4 fresh habanero or hotter pepper. Remove enough of the pickles from the jar to make room for the peppers, cut the stem cap off the peppers and put in with the pickles. Close jar tightly and lose in the back of the refrigerator for a month.

Yup

Also, while I think the habanero-family (ghost, scorpion, reaper, bonnet) floral/bright flavors work very well with bread & butters, I don't think it compliments dills too well, which I put on more sandwiches. As you may have found, a lot of spicy pickles use some kind of habanero.

Serranos can be plenty hot enough, but you can add as much heat as you want (without the hab flavor) using dried chile de arbol or thai chiles.

What we like to do is just get a jar of Clausen Spears then toss in a handful of crushed Thai Rat Sh*t peppers and 3 or 4 cloves of fresh minced garlic and let it sit in the fridge for a week.

And when all the spears are eaten I toss in 5/6 boiled eggs and let them pickle for a couple weeks. May have to top off the jar with some vinegar.

Pete

Last edited:
Last edited:
Been using this for many years. They have been around since 1926.

Notice all the peppers in the bottom of the jar:

dtcKGFK.jpg

Now over here we like to add some heat. Only takes about a 1/4 teaspoon to this jar.

VaEtt2N.jpg

Works out very well.

famous daves devils spit. have a really good flavour and real good heat

Back