Random Saturday Lunch - Skirt Steak Chopped Cheese Sammich

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
Marc
Logged some overtime today and made it home after the family had eaten lunch.

Rummaged around in the garage fridge and discovered a bargain bin skirt steak I'd grabbed last week from the DoD Commissary for about $4. Broke out some Naturiffic Q-Salt, and fired up the new 26inch kettle.

Went hot and fast over the coals, then just about 5 minutes of indirect to bring up the IT to about 125-130F.

VOPpyrSl.jpg

While she rested, I sautéed some onion in bacon fat in the cast iron skillet. Then, I sliced the steak against the grain and broke it down into smaller bits & bites. Into the pan with the lot!

USSXOCwl.jpg

I warmed a sub roll in the toaster oven, applied a bit of Duke's Mayo down the center... a couple of slices of American Cheeeez... and shoveled in the meat/onion mix.

xzVO5gDl.jpg

A quick wrap in foil to keep the juices from going EVERYWHERE.... and I got down to business.

tgZQEbul.jpg

This is the best idea I've had all day!

Y'all have a great Saturday! Please be safe and keep the thin blue rolling as best you can.

I'll be honest - Munchkin saw what was on the counter and asked for this for dinner.

She destroyed a half-sized sammich and I made the other half disappear. :noidea:

I was about to ask where mine went, but as long as Munchkin got it, I can live with that. You made one killer lunch there, brother!

I may have asked this before, but in case I haven't: how would you feel about adopting a middle aged man? Just curious.

Back