MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Discussion and Reflection > Our Fallen Brother

Notices

Our Fallen Brother Brethren. The threads in this forum are in memory of a fallen brother. Please read what has transpired the week of 9/3/06 and say a prayer for KCquer and his family.

Old 09-04-2006, 02:12 PM   #16
Jorge
somebody shut me the fark up.

Phil, is it possible for KC to always be logged in from now on?

Keeping Valspar in BBQ, one cook at a time.

Recipient of a Huggies box!

Shut up, and cook!!!!
Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-04-2006, 02:31 PM   #17
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

i will see if i can do that.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 02:41 PM   #18
Bigdog

Oh my god.
Scott was my friend.
He was my bash brother.
You will be missed, but never forgotten.
This place will never be the same.
I love ya man.
Pitman for Andy Groneman at the All Things BBQ cooking classes.
Smoke on Brother KC
Father of the Fatty (the name) 4/20/04 on the BBQ Brethren with inspiration from Brother parrothead.
Bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 02:46 PM   #19
cabo
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge
Phil, is it possible for KC to always be logged in from now on?

I know he always will be, but that’s a great idea.

Hope you can pull it off Pooh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
N.B. 'Dera (modified), gone to another place (RIP), ECCG (el cheapo charcoal grill), an Alveron propane, and wood hog cooker, bullitt type smokers, a GM Jim Bowie, a turkey fryer, and a pretty well stocked kitchen.

Cabo
Old 09-04-2006, 02:50 PM   #20
Bigmista

I just heard this from Bill.

I have no words. I am just shocked. KC was my friend. I...

Damn. Helluva thing.

I miss him already.

Rec Tec RT-700 Bull
Pitmaker Vault

Remembering Scott
Bigmista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 03:40 PM   #21
The_Kapn
Moderator Emeritus

Name/Nickname : Tim

My favorite KC thread (of many great ones).
http://bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17085

That man loved his grandkiddos!

I will be hitting the PayPal shortly.
I can not attend the services due to commitments that I just can find no way to move

I will be there in spirit.

TIM
Just sold Yoder YS640 due health
New Ninja Woodfired Grill for Christmas 2023
The_Kapn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 03:41 PM   #22
Arlin_MacRae

Thanks for the call this morning, Phil. I wouldn't have wanted to come across this sad event cold.

I never met my brother, KC, and now I never will. It's a sad day now, and my heart will hiccup each time in the future when I realize I won't be seeing another of his replies to a post.

He was a great brother and always will be and, although I'll be tied to the city for the next week and probably won't be able to make the funeral, you can count on me to chip in whatever it takes to make his passing a memorable event.

<cry>

Arlin

Primo Oval Junior, Traeger Model 075 Pellet Pooper, Big Chief, Kingfisher Kooker 14" gas/wood combo, PBC Brethren Edition, Pit Boss NASCAR Tailgater
Home Brewer, Murderer of Squirrels, Armadillo Inspector
Flaming Pig Head Mod
Certified KCBS Master BBQ Judge
Arlin_MacRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 04:30 PM   #23
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

I won't be able to make it to KC for the services, either. I've been slow all summer but the next week and a half are nuts with some big customer meetings.

I'll hit Paypal in a bit, also.

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 05:38 PM   #24
Solidkick

Default Update:

Brother Scott's body has been released from the coroner's office to the direction of Runyon Funeral Home, Drexel MO. It will be an additional 3 days before the known cause of death will be released.

There will not be a viewing of the body as the family has chosen cremation. Visitation will be Friday morning at 10:00AM, with the service following at 11:00AM. Burial will follow the service. Donations are suggested to the Wolfner Library for the Blind, under the direction of the funeral home.
You may contact the funeral home here:

Wilson and Son Funeral Home AKA Runyan Funeral Home
(816) 657-4400
136 E Main St
Drexel, MO 64742

Sympathy cards and pictures of Scott that you would like to be shared at the service may be sent to:

Jeanne Sidebottom
714 Ann Ave.
Harrisonville MO 64701

Scott was an avid KC Chiefs fan, as well as a BBQer. I requested to Jeanne that she send him out in his Chief's jersey and his Brethren hat....she agreed that would be most fitting.....

To Phil:....on your webpage memorial to KC....he passed away Sunday afternoon, Sept 3rd

----------------

I went out to the Bellys to break the news...we're working on the comp trailer, getting it ready for this weekend, which just doesn't seem important anymore, but I have to do it as it is my home company that is putting on the event....

I fired up a 1/2 chimney of Kingsford, threw in 2 cherry chunks, got each of the brothers and myself a beer, and broke the news....we toasted his life, thanked him for his friendship, and agreed that a KC Chiefs decal will be added to the trailer as a remembrance of Scott, he'll always be with us where ever we go to compete.

This will be one tough week for all of us......

Jeff in KC or possibly BigDog would be a better contact person for motel info and info on KCI than myself...I'm over a hundred miles away from Kansas City. I have spoken with Jeff and he will be available to help anyway he can before Friday as he has the Blues Springs Blaze Off this weekend as well.

------------------------------------------------
Belly Brothers BBQ Team

"Sister Flame" Spicewine Trailer Smoker,Modified Bandera, Uni-Flame Chicken Cooker with a Spicewine Thermometer mod,Kingsford Barrel cooker and a super fast RED thermapen

KC always said "fat cap up!!

Last edited by Solidkick; 09-04-2006 at 08:44 PM..
Solidkick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 05:55 PM   #25
Jorge

Thank you Mr. Kick. I can't thank you enough for what you've done. That call is one you never want to get.

For those planning to make it, Friday works for me. I'll book my flight later, but I plan to arrive Thursday night and will get a car. I have obligations that I need to attend to on Saturday so I will be heading back to the airport to catch a flight out on Friday afternoon. Call your seat now.

Keeping Valspar in BBQ, one cook at a time.

Recipient of a Huggies box!

Shut up, and cook!!!!
Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 07:02 PM   #26
Neil
Quintessential Chatty Farker

My condolences to all my brethren out there. Bill called me this afternoon while I was out on Lake Michigan fishing with the sad news. I always enjoyed reading KC's posts and had a great time talking with him at last years fall bash. He will be sorely missed by all who knew him.

Mange Bene Viva Bene!

Old Country Over/Under, Weber: 18.5" WSM, 22.5" WSM, Weber Performer(Col. Steve Austin Mod), Two 22.5" Kettles, & a Smokey Joe; Old Country 36" griddle, Luhr-Jensen Big Chief, Turkey Fryer, Rocky Mountain Camp Stove and a UDS.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 07:12 PM   #27
Bigdog

Jeff in KC or possibly BigDog would be a better contact person for motel info and info on KCI than myself...I'm over a hundred miles away from Kansas City. I have spoken with Jeff and he will be available to help anyway he can before Friday as he has the Blues Springs Blaze Off this weekend as well.
I live in Wichita, some 180 miles from KC. You must of thought that I was closer. I have been to Scott's house. It is in MO (he was a MOFO), some 50 miles of so south of KC. So I can help some, but not too much. Jeff lives much closer, just up the road from Scott about 20 miles. Sure hope that I can make the service. As a teacher, I don't get to miss many days, but I do have a great boss. Thanks for all the updates Gary. He always spoke very kindly of you and I look forward to meeting you.
Pitman for Andy Groneman at the All Things BBQ cooking classes.
Smoke on Brother KC
Father of the Fatty (the name) 4/20/04 on the BBQ Brethren with inspiration from Brother parrothead.
Bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 08:07 PM   #28
MilitantSquatter

I'm at a loss... I did not know KC all that long but the one thing I could tell is that he had passion for whatever info or thoughts he shared with the group....

He will be greatly missed...

See you on the other side Scott.
XL BGE (#2) & Performer Platinum

Former owner: Jambo Backyard, Klose BYC, Lonestar Vertical offset w/ Insulated Firebox, Medium Spicewine, Pitts & Spitts, XL BGE (#1) & (2) Medium BGE's, 22" WSM & (2) 18" WSM's, 18" & 22" Weber Kettles

Last edited by MilitantSquatter; 09-04-2006 at 08:39 PM..
MilitantSquatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 08:43 PM   #29
Brauma

How old was he? He looked mid 40's? Gosh, thats scary.

I never met him but I really enjoyed reading his posts too. Thoughts and prayers to his family tonight.

Community Development VP - Secret Squirrel Society (but we don't exist)
Member: KCBS. CBJ

New Braunfels Bandera - refurbished; Two Big Green Eggs; 6' fire pit; Weber Kettles; Superfast Blue Thermepan
Brauma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 08:46 PM   #30
jminion
is one Smokin' Farker

I was able to spend time with Scott at the Royal, we talked on the phone and e-mailed, he loved BBQ and this Forum.

God bless his family, know he will be missed.

Jim
jminion is offline   Reply With Quote