• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Carolina/South East bash

Blythewood BBQ'er

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Sorry had to start a new thread since I didn't want to just bump the old one. How does April sound at Dreher Island State Park sound. They have covered picnic areas, water, and restrooms. You can camp, rent cabins or there are tons of hotels near by. I'm off the 2nd, 16th, and 30th. Just let me know if these dates and location are good for everyone. Yeah I said southeast bash since lantern and dw are interested also. Just wanna include everyone. Maybe some Georgia boys will come over also! Chime in on dates and any local issues.

There is a bbq gathering going on in April in NC at Dan Nicholas State Park on April 23. It's organized by some of my Egghead friends but I'll have my Shirley there too. Maybe we can combine the two?

All subscribed up and watching :thumb: If I get one on the calendar any date is good. If this is a go and you reserve a pavilion my intention would be to get a nearby cabin, probably Friday & Saturday nights.

I'll have to see if any of those dates interfere with my Tuscaloosa trip:becky: or the Sam's Club competition.

Lets look at the 16th and 30th to narrow it down. I put it on Facebook and got some others responding there also. Some OGs from the beginning of the Brethren! Pat as soon as you get eta on the smoker let me know! I really want you there! Hell tell tq to deliver it to the bash! We'll feed him for his troubles!

Looks like April 30th will be the day! I will reserve a covered picnic area this afternoon unless there is alot of issues with this date.

Ok guys looks like we having a bash! I just reserved a covered picnic area for April 30th at Dreher Island State Park. It is picnic area #3. I asked for one with easy access for those who have difficulty walking on uneven surfaces. I should get the confirmation in 48 hours she said. Mark your calendars and I made sure we can bring our own grills. As it gets closer we will plan the menu and do an equipment check. Can't wait to meet more of you!

Carolina/South East bash April 30th 2016

If ok mods, I would like to post this here for the benefit of those who just come to q-talk

I just reserved a covered picnic area for April 30th at Dreher Island State Park in Prosperity, SC. Covered area #3. I would love to see as many Brethren as possible here. I'm not sure, but this may be the first time a bash has happened in the Southeast. Already have a good many Brethren planning to attend, but there's always space for more! Come on out and celebrate what The Brethren are all about fun, food, and fellowship!

Here's a like to the thread in the bash section
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=223235

A link to Dreher Island State Park
http://southcarolinaparks.com/dreherisland/introduction.aspx

And its also on the Facebook Brethren page.

Back