Gotta stop...

rehless

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
buying these Weber's. Picked this one up today. I tell you the previous owner did not spend any time cleaning his kettle. I have already started on the inside of the bowl. damn near need a jackhammer.
Sold a 14.5 WSM so this replaces that, makes number ten and have a new one coming Friday. Got to stop.....

Attachments

• IMG_0577 (2).jpg
    IMG_0577 (2).jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 213
One touch Platinum !!!

Centered lid vent....I've always wanted to try out one of those....nice pick & in Brick Red / Scarlet too !!!!

Use a razor scraper on the inside, it peels the fark outta that gunk.....just scrape at a low angle & it won't hurt the porcelain at all.....it's just:

8-4-2013SampTurfOrange001.jpg

Here's a recent ancient one I did....

WoodDale006.jpg

WoodDale013.jpg

Wasn't even all that tough & some of the stuff may have been on there for 50 years.....:shock:

57428-0000-2ww-m.jpg

No hinged lid. I do have scrapers,including razor. Also Easy Off. Going to start rotating these kettles. Probably use this one as my cooker. Any of the gang know what I should use to clean the attached tables? Thanks, all.

No hinged lid. I do have scrapers,including razor. Also Easy Off. Going to start rotating these kettles. Probably use this one as my cooker. Any of the gang know what I should use to clean the attached tables? Thanks, all.

Rehless, if you don't want the stink & chemical of Easy Off, I used apple cider vinegar on the above.....soaked a bar towel, laid it on the side for a few to soften the gunk a tad & started scraping......

WoodDale021.jpg

The tables, not really sure what may work......sort of has to do with what caused the stain in the 1st place, but I might try Krud Kutter from HD or the like.......

Back