MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Sales and Ventures > Brethren Ventures > InkBird Amazon Store

Notices

InkBird Amazon Store Welcome to Inkbird Amazon Store. Inkbird specializes in manufacturing and selling home automation products like professional cooking wireless thermometer, temperature controller and etc. The high quality products and professional customer service bring a lot of loyal Inkbird fans from United States, Europe and Australia markets. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07252BR9B.

Old 09-19-2020, 11:40 PM   #1
Happy Hapgood
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Mike
Default Review of the InkBird BBQ GO Fast Read Thermometer.

KenInk asked me to do an honest review of this product for the BBQ Brethren.

He also wants me to do a review of the new Wi-Fi 4 probe temperature thermometer. More to follow in a separate review on that one later in another post.

I have reviewed several of their products. The Wi-Fi Sous Vide, the 6 probe thermometer and the 4-probe thermometer.

Disclaimer: KenInk understands that I will always give an honest review and wants it that way. I did receive these items free of charge but that has no influence on my actual perception.

Previous reviews of InkBird products:
https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/s...d.php?t=275794

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/s...d.php?t=271147

Could not find the 4-probe review.

The BBQ GO is a pocket quick read thermometer. BG-HH1C. Pictured here with the new Wi-Fi 4 probe unit. I put a Thermapen beside it for comparison. The BBQ GO is the Red one.

I will be using this unit to verify the 4 probe Wi-Fi unit later.

Impressions:

1. This unit reads in Fahrenheit or Celsius.
2. It uses a CR1632 button battery which is not included.
3. The unit can be calibrated +/- 5*F and +/- 3*C. I calibrated this one -1.7*F before I took the above pic.
4. After 10 minutes of non-use the unit will go into a standby mode. If a sudden temp change is detected it will reactivate or you can press the button to restart.
5. Hold button will hold the current reading if you have meat in the back of a smoker and cannot see the display.
6. Range: -58*F to 572*F. Accuracy: +/- 2*F or +- 1*C. Read time 0.5 seconds. Warranty 2 years.
7. No back light for display.

Take away so far. A well built unit and at the price point would be hard to beat.

Will use it when I review the Wi-Fi 4 Probe unit.

Thanks for lookin'.
Wife LuzziAnn 1956 model.
Ink Bird IBBQ 4T Wi-Fi Temp Monitor, Superfast LSU Purple Thermapen & ThermaPop, Party Q
Ink Bird Sous Vide, HF Flame Thower

My Motto these days is "Low Stress, Low Drag".

The Artist Formally Known as Toast

Happy Hapgood is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-20-2020, 12:50 AM   #2
VanSteel
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Van

It's good to have options. I might recommend it to someone that doesn't want to spend $$$ on the Thermapen. I do love my Thermapens though.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
VanSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 09-20-2020, 01:17 AM   #3
Happy Hapgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanSteel View Post
It's good to have options. I might recommend it to someone that doesn't want to spend $$$ on the Thermapen. I do love my Thermapens though.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

It's good to have options and I think this unit is aimed at folks who do not want to spend alot on an accurate thermometer. This one is indeed accurate.
Ink Bird IBBQ 4T Wi-Fi Temp Monitor, Superfast LSU Purple Thermapen & ThermaPop, Party Q

Old 09-20-2020, 06:15 AM   #4
Nuco59
Babbling Farker

How fast does it read? (you are showing .5 seconds- but that can't be right- must be that the unit updates temp every 1/2 second)

You say the battery is not included? CR1632 is not a super oddball battery- you can buy it at HD or Lowes- but they are about $5.00 a piece. I'm not sure how long the battery will last- but If I bought the Thermo off Amazon, I probably get a multi-pack of batteries at the same time.

I have an older Taylor digital- it works but is slower than Xmas to show a final temp- I have to pull a chunk of meat to the side of the grate to keep from burning myself. (ok- I *could* wear a glove but why? I'd rather go sans glove and have a faster reading to save my fingers.)

I'm not temping dozens of pieces of meat- so a super duper fast is not needed. If the BBQ Go gives a good, quick reading in 3-5 seconds, I'd be all over it.
Old 09-20-2020, 07:08 AM   #5
ModelMaker
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Uhm, you know what's missing? How much???
Ed
Extremely seasoned hand hammered Wok
Pit Boss-HART BURN Competition BBQ Team
KCBS certified judge

And Your not the boss of me either!!
ModelMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 10:09 AM   #6
Cat797
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Ed

ModelMaker - It's $9.99 on Amazon.....I just picked one up. I have been pretty happy with all of KenInk's products thus far. I may have to snag the sous vide unit as well!
Old 09-20-2020, 02:55 PM   #7
Happy Hapgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuco59 View Post
How fast does it read? (you are showing .5 seconds- but that can't be right- must be that the unit updates temp every 1/2 second)

You say the battery is not included? CR1632 is not a super oddball battery- you can buy it at HD or Lowes- but they are about $5.00 a piece. I'm not sure how long the battery will last- but If I bought the Thermo off Amazon, I probably get a multi-pack of batteries at the same time.

I have an older Taylor digital- it works but is slower than Xmas to show a final temp- I have to pull a chunk of meat to the side of the grate to keep from burning myself. (ok- I *could* wear a glove but why? I'd rather go sans glove and have a faster reading to save my fingers.)

I'm not temping dozens of pieces of meat- so a super duper fast is not needed. If the BBQ Go gives a good, quick reading in 3-5 seconds, I'd be all over it.

I tried it on some microwaved leftovers and it took about 3 seconds. Going to grill steaks later. Will test it then too.

Old 09-20-2020, 03:15 PM   #8
PUNKem733
On the road to being a farker

How does the BBQ go compare to the Inkbird ITH-1P?
PUNKem733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 03:27 PM   #9
Curt.P
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Curt

Thank you for including pictures where we can see origin of manufacture. While it may not matter for some, it does for me.
Curt.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 09:19 PM   #10
Happy Hapgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUNKem733 View Post
How does the BBQ go compare to the Inkbird ITH-1P?

Well it does not measure humidity for one thing.

Old 09-20-2020, 09:21 PM   #11
Happy Hapgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt.P View Post
Thank you for including pictures where we can see origin of manufacture. While it may not matter for some, it does for me.

Agree nothing to hide. Theroworks are made in England for example including the Thermapen.

Old 09-20-2020, 09:25 PM   #12
drunkenmeatfist
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Sammy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Hapgood View Post
Agree nothing to hide. Theroworks are made in England for example including the Thermapen.
England??? I didn't know I was relying on a bunch of dadgum Redcoats for my temp monitoring needs! Time to go make a Youtube video of me burning all of my Thermoworks gear.
drunkenmeatfist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 09:38 PM   #13
Happy Hapgood

Tried the BBQ GO thermometer under actual conditions tonight. Had a pleasant surprise with the magnetic back. Really strong.

Also It is accurate. Read meat temp between 2-5 seconds depending on the range it has has to travel. For the price hard to beat.

PS. Steaks were Great!

Last edited by Happy Hapgood; 09-21-2020 at 01:26 AM..
Old 09-22-2020, 04:32 PM   #14
Happy Hapgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuco59 View Post

The battery is about $5. But it's Lithium and the unit has auto-off when not in use. Should last longer than a battery in a car FOB key.

Old 09-22-2020, 05:37 PM   #15
seattlepitboss
is one Smokin' Farker

Tell your connect that at least one of your influential colleagues would like to see a remote thermo that does not talk, has no settings except to calibrate, and basically is a plain thermometer which can be read remotely. In other words, no bells, no whistles, just good solid value.

seattlepitboss
seattlepitboss is offline   Reply With Quote