MAK 2 Star purchase - what to include?

Do people in hell really need a sear grate? Is the why you're giving it away?

Good point... if it’s anything like these old GrillGrates... just toss em’
120a7dd94271f9bac96e45d1c11b9098.jpg

I am updating this thread in case a future Mak shopper finds this thread and has similar questions to what I did.

The Mak 2 showed up on Friday. It got put together on Friday without issue, and did 1 cook on Saturday, 2 on Sunday, and of course the turkey is on it now.

My only complaints so far are that I wish I knew I needed to order the third probe, and that a full rack does not fit on top. That one burns me a bit, I wasted $100 on a rack that I can't even use, but I will get over it.

I LOVE that it hooks up to wifi (with the purchase of Mak Mobile course). This feature is not just a monitoring feature, you can change the grill temperature with it, so cool and so very useful!

I am very happy that I purchased the front door, shelf, and Mak Mobile. I have the searing grate too, not sure that I would purchase that again. I bought 3 extra full racks, if I was doing it again I would purchase two full and one 3/4. Of course purchased a cover too which fits very nice, even with the front shelf. I did not get the super smoker box, and I am glad I didn't, for now. Cold smoking isn't a big deal for me now and when I get into it I can add the super smoker box.

So far it seems to be built like a tank, and lots of thought went into the design and build of this grill. It is clear that it is built by people who use it, and their only direction is toward useful quality, not how to get the price low so they can sell 100,000 of them.

Happy to hear your happy with your purchase!

Welcome to the MAK family! You are in for many many years of great food and memories :)

Kinda surprised the guys at MAK let the extra full upper grate slide past them as they usually catch stuff like that. Guess they’re mere humans... lol. I’d call and ask to swap it out with a 3/4. No point in hanging on to it and eating $100.

I know it is late, but I really like the front shelf. I'm also not a big fan of custom covers. I've taken to purchasing tarps and using magnets to hold them in place. It's about 1/4 of the cost of a cover and I find it easier to put on and off.

Back