Picking Up New 24x36 Shirley Tomorrow

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Getting my 24x36 tomorrow! As busy as life is not sure when I'll cook on it but hope this week slows down.

Trailer just rented and will get out there about mid day. Been a month or so since I've owned one so pretty excited.
20191203_195853.jpg

Excited for ‘ya! Looking forward to a full report.

Awesome! You’ll love it. I just got mine a little over a week ago. With this lovely PA weather, it just had to snow during the delivery.

Safe travels. By the way, the thread above this one said it's National Fruit Cake month. Coincidence?? Have fun, bro.

One of those has been calling me lately. I think I would wind up using it more often than the big trailer I gotta roll out into my steepazz driveway.

Getting my 24x36 tomorrow! As busy as life is not sure when I'll cook on it but hope this week slows down.

Trailer just rented and will get out there about mid day. Been a month or so since I've owned one so pretty excited.
View attachment 176809

Congrats on getting another one!

Is there a hotel stay? If so I expect a parking lot cook. Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That would be epic to roll smoke in a hotel parking lot lol!

One of those has been calling me lately. I think I would wind up using it more often than the big trailer I gotta roll out into my steepazz driveway.

Ya I'm interested to see how much more this one gets used. The big cooker was just too much time/effort rolling in and out, cleaning up, getting the ash taken care of, etc with 2 kids......at least for me :caked:.

So being able to easily roll it in and out and easier clean up will be nice. Even if it is to smoke something for 3hrs and then wrap and into the oven. Not sure if I can ever be without a stick burner.

I did explain to all my pitbosses they won't be forgotten :becky:

Awesome! You’ll love it. I just got mine a little over a week ago. With this lovely PA weather, it just had to snow during the delivery.

You’re in York? I’m near Hershey. Be down in a week or so to help you sample some finished product!!:grin:

Ya I'm interested to see how much more this one gets used. The big cooker was just too much time/effort rolling in and out, cleaning up, getting the ash taken care of, etc with 2 kids......at least for me :caked:.

So being able to easily roll it in and out and easier clean up will be nice. Even if it is to smoke something for 3hrs and then wrap and into the oven. Not sure if I can ever be without a stick burner.

I did explain to all my pitbosses they won't be forgotten :becky:

At my old house I was able to roll it in and out by hand, both as golf cart config and trailer conversion. Now I have to put my wife’s car in the street, move it to the other side of the garage, hook it to my truck, pull it into the driveway, chock the wheels in an effort to prevent 2500lbs of firey steel from careening down the street into my neighbors yard, etc. it isn’t *that* much more effort, but it’s enough to deter me.

<—— recentish second tiny human as well. And my backyard needs some work before I’ll be able to stash it in the back yard for cooks.

:mmph:

I too have been contemplating a "baby Shirley" for my new back patio,when it is a small cook.Looking forward to your reviews.:thumb:In my simple mind a 24dx36w with 3 racks,warmer w 3 racks,insulated firebox,, , etc.,etc.,etc.Here I go again!

I think mine may need a little brother this spring!

Looking forward to your trip and hopefully you have time to show us the Shirley folks place. :)

Back