Weber SmokeFire Pellet Grill Review

One thing I picked up from all the videos is how over the top, cool and top notch that Weber R&D demo facility seemed. ( or whatever the heck that place was )

Plus, the meat and fish products they brought in for folks to cook was really eye catching to me. Those steaks!

To me, they seem to be very organized, professional yet not "stuffy". I was thinking- dang, I would like that job where you run around in a well ventilated arena and cook primo products and get paid! The guy with the apron was still pretty skinny somehow!!

Looking back, on my work journey, even though I loved my career, it kinda sucked compared to the guy running around with the apron, demoing the cooker. I felt a bit jealous and imagined he was paid a high 6 figure salary in my fantasy. LOL!

Even though this was just a glimpse of the goings on at Weber, I found it intriguing to "look around"! There was a heck of a lot going on there and behind every door was kind of a surprise to me.

It's nice to see a company these days, that is at least TRYING to create a product that is the best of its genre. Something unique. Rather than something that will hit the landfill in 6 months.

After the chimney comment being a design mistake, I went and looked at a picture of my GMG with its prominent stack and it suddenly looked a bit dated!

I hope this thing gets all the other manufacturers going back to the drawing board and lift the whole segment.

Time will tell!

I suspect it will. This was a well thought out pellet grill with a lot of changes. The lack of Chimney will be an interesting test for example. If theirs can sear as well as they claim it will be another example. It did say assembled in the US so that's a plus for me as well. Likely the enabled steel will be made here and the electronics and handles etc... made overseas.

The lack of a chimney aint anything new......

I forgot the maks don't have a chimney. I was thinking about the Yoder, Traeger, CampChefs of the world.

The higher end traegers and RECTECS have used this chimney design already as wel

3 parts of Harry Soo yaking away and taking over the whole situation was more than I needed.
I'm sure there will be plenty of reviews in early 2020, looking forward to it. Looks like a worthy smoker/grill.
Ed

I can't usually get through but about half the length of his videos. The constant talking drives me nuts.

I'm hoping someone will be doing reviews trying to prove and convince how/why MAK's and others are worth the higher price.

Weber

I'm going to be the market for another grill, mine is falling apart after 25yrs.

If the Weber can grill and smoke some good brisket,I will selling my Shirley patio.

Waiting like all the others for it to come out and put to work, before making up my mine.

DanB

I'm going to be the market for another grill, mine is falling apart after 25yrs.

I can't imagine a mechanical pellet smoker lasting 25 years.
But I can imagine my BGE lasting 25+ years.

Pellet Grill

I can't imagine a mechanical pellet smoker lasting 25 years.
But I can imagine my BGE lasting 25+ years.

I didn't say anything about a pellet grill lasting 25 years. Please read carefully before posting nonsense..

DanB

Looks like Harry say's it is a winner.
My view on his even cooking is not the same as Harry's. By watching the video.
No grease fires, maybe because they are only smoking for 3 hours then wrapping and into the oven.
No big deal about the pellet hopper.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALNnTwN2Kak
:yuck:

No grease fires, maybe because they are only smoking for 3 hours then wrapping and into the oven.

Harry seems to be trying to downplay the negatives hard.

I returned mine and didn't even test it out mostly because I knew it would probably work, but no in the capacity I wanted. That money was better spent somewhere else. Had the shipper just keep it and not deliver (though that almost got lost and had to call weber & Seko 4 times to determine who had it when each party said they didn't:shocked:). But it got figured out.

Anyways..........this video is odd to me. It's like Harry gave his stamp of approval, but not on one he owns. He gave his approval on watching someone cook on it. Of course this is "conspiracy theory" stuff that doesn't matter, but seems like he didn't want to do a review on one he purchased in case things went sideways.......

Not the end of the world and I'm still looking at the reviews/info. Still love the idea of the larger grill, I just have too many pellet cookers right now.

And here’s the Part. 2 video and Harry Soo’s response to a lot of the negative thoughts and reviews being posted. It’s a 48 min. must see video. I’m not going to knock the video as I believe at the end of the day, everyone just wants to see the Weber SmokeFire perform as intended. Could Weber be more clearer on the proper operation and understanding of the SmokeFire pellet grill? Yes... Saying a grease flare up fire is nothing to worry unless the temp gets over 700* degrees after the fact... is not being very clear and can be very confusing. I just hope everything gets figured out and worked out for the better. .02

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=emb_title&v=jsUri_VoKag

Last edited:
This very well may surpass the beans versus no beans debate.

Nah

I returned mine and didn't even test it out mostly because I knew it would probably work, but no in the capacity I wanted. That money was better spent somewhere else. Had the shipper just keep it and not deliver (though that almost got lost and had to call weber & Seko 4 times to determine who had it when each party said they didn't:shocked:). But it got figured out.

Anyways..........this video is odd to me. It's like Harry gave his stamp of approval, but not on one he owns. He gave his approval on watching someone cook on it. Of course this is "conspiracy theory" stuff that doesn't matter, but seems like he didn't want to do a review on one he purchased in case things went sideways.......

Not the end of the world and I'm still looking at the reviews/info. Still love the idea of the larger grill, I just have too many pellet cookers right now.

Harry now has his own in his latest video. He just wanted cook on 1 ASAP why he did the visit cook with one of his subs.

If you needed more capacity than what he put on there then pellet grill is not an option for needs ....omg he loaded that thing down !! check it out

Back