Prime Carne Crosta NY Strips

Sjhill

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I had the in laws over for a few days. They don’t cook much, so I wanted to treat them to a special dinner. I picked up 4 prime strips from Costco for the occasion.
MoCE1Xxm.jpg

The strips were dry brined for a day in the fridge then coated with carne crosta.

bLDsxvNm.jpg

I filled up a chimney of charcoal and seared the steaks for about 6-7 minutes before I let them finish off on the other side of the performer.
FechKwCm.jpg

qmqjRUVm.jpg

It was at this point I saw the look on the in-laws faces. They thought I had burned up and ruined the steaks. I just told them don’t worry I know what I’m doing. The steaks were done in another 25 minutes. The carne crosta put the best crust on a steak I’ve ever had. I could tell they thought they were going to be cutting into a steak that was beyond well done, but they were shocked when they saw they were all a perfect medium rare-medium.

y730Z9um.jpg

Everyone agreed they were the best steaks anyone had ever eaten. Full in-laws are happy in-laws I always say.

Love me some Carne Crosta, it can look a little deceiving though.

Not familiar with that style of cooking....To be honest I thought it was going to be burnt too :)
Finished looks good tho!

Nice job Stu!

Not familiar with that style of cooking....To be honest I thought it was going to be burnt too :)
Finished looks good tho!

It helped that the strips were 2.5 inches thick. A thinner steak would of been annihilated by all that open flame

First, great looking cook! Second, I was all excited to buy some carne crosta and went to my Oakridge stock to check the size I typically get and to my surprise, I have an unopened bag already!

Back