THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sjhill

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Stu
I had the in laws over for a few days. They don’t cook much, so I wanted to treat them to a special dinner. I picked up 4 prime strips from Costco for the occasion.
MoCE1Xxm.jpg

The strips were dry brined for a day in the fridge then coated with carne crosta.

bLDsxvNm.jpg

I filled up a chimney of charcoal and seared the steaks for about 6-7 minutes before I let them finish off on the other side of the performer.
FechKwCm.jpg

qmqjRUVm.jpg

It was at this point I saw the look on the in-laws faces. They thought I had burned up and ruined the steaks. I just told them don’t worry I know what I’m doing. The steaks were done in another 25 minutes. The carne crosta put the best crust on a steak I’ve ever had. I could tell they thought they were going to be cutting into a steak that was beyond well done, but they were shocked when they saw they were all a perfect medium rare-medium.

y730Z9um.jpg

Everyone agreed they were the best steaks anyone had ever eaten. Full in-laws are happy in-laws I always say.

Not familiar with that style of cooking....To be honest I thought it was going to be burnt too :)
Finished looks good tho!

First, great looking cook! Second, I was all excited to buy some carne crosta and went to my Oakridge stock to check the size I typically get and to my surprise, I have an unopened bag already!

Back