Simply Marvelous Cherry is great stuff!

Shadowdog500

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I always make my own rub but have been on the hunt for a really good store bought rub for convenience.
On a recent thread Happy Hapgood mentioned Simply Marvelous Cherry. I bought some and It is a keeper!

The rub showed up a few hours before dinner so we decided to make smoked pork chops for dinner since it only takes about an hour and a half to smoke pork chops at 250°f

They came out fantastic! They were done in my pit boss 820 using pit boss competition blend with 4 apple chunks in my Heavy D Wood burning diffuser. I had a pan with apple juice at grate level. Pulled them at 165°F and let them rest while I foiled the baby back rib.

The ribs were wrapped in foil with butter and honey for an extra hour then unwrapped for 20 minutes with a coating of sweet baby rays. (My wife likes sweet ribs)

My wife and I really liked the rub and it was also off the scale on my lab test. My yellow lab usually lays behind me quietly while I eat, and I occasionally reach down and give her a little of whatever I’m eating. After the first taste she was standing next to me Jumping up and down while barking her brains out for more. She don’t even to that for pizza.

Here are the ribs. They were also great! This is great rub!

Last edited:
Yep! It’s one of ours favorites! It is great on sweet corn and popcorn, too!

Agreed! Simply Marvelous is one line of rubs I make sure to have around at all times, along with Naturiffic. I like other stuff as well, but those 2 are staples & together they pretty much cover all the bases, IMO.

Nice looking eats you got there!

SM Cherry was one of my favorites. Sadly I ran out years ago and it's difficult to get in Down side up land.

Back