MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 10-14-2017, 01:48 PM   #31
Czarbecue
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Viet King Cong

I overcooked my last brisket (211F) because I over slept the alarm. Point was still able to be sliced and was incredible but the flat was chop suey. So we had brisket sammies with some KC Masterpiece, brisket mac n cheese, brisket mashed potatoes, brisket and eggs, and the unsuccessful brisket alfredo.

Old 10-14-2017, 02:30 PM   #32
KevinJ
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ever3 View Post
If you don’t put a dribble of sauce on top of your pulled pork sandwich you ain’t livin...
I'd rather top it with ACV based slaw or pickled red onions, now that's livin.
KevinJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 10-14-2017, 04:33 PM   #33
Jason TQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

A little sauce is great. I don't mind if people sauce my stuff or not and my friends know I don't care. Brisket tastes way way better with sauce/au jus mix to me.

Seems like most folks here aren't 100% against sauce at all (most being in the a little is good or serve it on the side). I've seen folks that are in the no sauce group, but have also seen those same folks cook other meat dishes that have a sauce on them. Thought the "meat should stand on its own".......I guess only in BBQ though. Other cuisines must get a pass (including plenty of non-bbq american dishes with a "sauce" on them). I guess many non-bbq meats apparently sucks a crap ton/can't stand on their own and needs "sauce" . Or does it have to be a fancy mother sauce (or insert culinary sauce) on meat to be in the cool club

Back into my canoe to whip up a fancy chimichurri to put on bbq that wouldn't get looked down upon by the purists I bet

Old 10-14-2017, 04:59 PM   #34
Czarbecue
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Viet King Cong

I like gravy on my chicken fried steak and won’t eat steak without some sort of horseradish or peppercorn sauce.