MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 10-07-2017, 03:42 AM   #31
DubfromGA
is One Chatty Farker

Well done by the young man cooking for his family. Great times right there.

My son makes a wicked grilled cheese sammich....your's made chicken Florentine....well done !!!

Also good that you recovered the coffee brewer. Yesterday I got up early and went down to make my coffee and enjoy an hour of sipping and getting my mind wrapped around getting ready for work.......coffee was gone.

Wife said later there wasn't much left in the bag and she tossed it while cleaning out the fridge Thursday night. GRRRRRRRRRR. I'd known there was enough to make one good pot with plans on picking up more on the way home from work last night.

Made for a long morning at work until I could finally slow down and get some coffee.

Reminds me of a time when my grinder broke.

Predawn yard light found me out front with a ziplock bag of beans....hammering them on the driveway. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

Thanks from:--->

Old 10-07-2017, 06:57 AM   #32
10miler
Full Fledged Farker

Dub,
Not everyone understands the importance of coffee. I see that you do!

Old 10-08-2017, 08:05 PM   #33
aerotech11
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Ric

First night without the wife and daughter. My 15 year old made homemade mac and cheese. Put some leftover tri tip and some jalapeño from the garden in there. Love how that guy thinks. I think the boys and I will be fine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0907.jpg (64.0 KB, 151 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0906.jpg (65.0 KB, 151 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0908.jpg (66.3 KB, 152 views)
aerotech11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-08-2017, 09:58 PM   #34
10miler
Full Fledged Farker

Aero,
If you sprinkle some chopped parsley or basil over the top of the mac it counts as veggies I think. Looks like some good eats there!

I just cut the chicken spatchcock style, man that's so much easier than I thought it would be. It's sitting in the mojo right now for tomorrow night. Also when I was at Walmart yesterday I picked up a 20 lb bag of B&B lump for $10. Wish they had more at that price.

Old 10-08-2017, 10:05 PM   #35
aerotech11
is one Smokin' Farker

That B and B burn pretty well. $10 for 20 lbs is a good price. Gonna have to pick up some for the rest of the weeks cooks. Still haven't tried spachcock chicken yet. Steaks and potatoes tomorrow. Possibly have to try the chicken later in the week.

Old 10-11-2017, 07:21 AM   #36
10miler
Full Fledged Farker

Day 1 was mojo spatchcock chicken.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=252701

Day 2 was hobo packets with chicken, potato, zuchini, mushroom, tomato, onion, and I put some teriyaki sauce on mine. WAY TOO MUCH VEGGIES in the packets and the liquid in the bottom pretty much caused the chicken to boil. The chicken was tender and tasty but the veggies overcooked. Still good though.

Day 3 is underway with a 9lb pork butt already on the Weber. I put it on about 6am this morning. Later I'm planning to stuff a fatty with herb & garlic goat cheese and thinly sliced jamron serrano, and enrobed with thick bacon. Hope it works out!

Old 10-11-2017, 01:40 PM   #37
Stingerhook
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Marty

You guys are eating in style.

UDS now gone, WSM 18", WSM 22" and pellet pooper in the garage for 18 months now.
Stingerhook is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-11-2017, 04:46 PM   #38
aerotech11
is one Smokin' Farker

Yeah I tried the spatchcock chicken last night. Turned out fairly well. Tonight is bacon cheeseburger smoker meatloaf and mashed taters. I'll post pics later.

Old 10-11-2017, 04:58 PM   #39
10miler
Full Fledged Farker

Day 3 is in the books!

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/s...28#post3884828

Old 10-11-2017, 07:28 PM   #40
aerotech11
is one Smokin' Farker

Very nice. Looks amazing. Love the fatty. I'm gonna have to try one of those. I was thinking cream cheese jalapeño stuffed fatty.

Old 10-11-2017, 07:59 PM   #41
10miler
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerotech11 View Post
Very nice. Looks amazing. Love the fatty. I'm gonna have to try one of those. I was thinking cream cheese jalapeño stuffed fatty.
That sounds good! I doubt I'll stuff with goat cheese again. The flavor is good, but the texture is sort of ricotta-like. Might have to make some hashbrown and do something with that. Or spinach, mushroom, and Parmesan like I do with pork loin.

Old 10-11-2017, 10:25 PM   #42
aerotech11
is one Smokin' Farker

Day 3 done for us. Worked out fantastic. Bacon cheeseburger meatloaf. Took a little longer than I thought and probably could of pulle it at 150 instead of 160 but was delicious. Along with some garlic mashed potatoes. Good day at the kettle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0920.jpg (62.2 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0922.jpg (110.7 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0923.jpg (54.3 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0924.jpg (52.8 KB, 71 views)

Old 10-13-2017, 09:30 AM   #43
10miler
Full Fledged Farker

Aero wow! Just saw this. That meatloaf looks great!

Day 4 was smoked chuck.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=252787

Tonight I'll make enchiladas with some leftover pork from wednesday. I cooked pintos from dry in my pressure cooker for refried beans, and made some enchilada sauce. So I'll just need to assemble and load up the big skillet to cook on the kettle.

Old 10-13-2017, 09:45 AM   #44
aerotech11
is one Smokin' Farker

Thanks. It was good. Pork enhiladas are great. We do that when we have left over pork shoulder. We Still have leftovers so we gotta eat them up before the wife gets home. Tonight will be the leftover night and probably make some meatloaf sammies to take out on the boat for some night fishing.

Old 10-13-2017, 10:34 PM   #45
10miler
Full Fledged Farker

Here's the Day 5 pics. Think I'll take tomorrow off!

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/s...44#post3885844