• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

How Many Times in a Row Have You Eaten the Same BBQ Meat and Enjoyed It? I'm Up to Four :)

AKMIMNAK

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
After four straight meals of the pulled pork from my inaugural LSG cook on Saturday, I'm convinced this is the best pork I've ever made. Just had it again for lunch today and still not tired of it.

Don't judge me for the ham and cheese..... I've been trying it a little different way each time I've eaten it. It's been awesome every way.

Today I paired it up with sweet tea (goes without saying in my house) and the best chips in the world!

Last picture is my wife and two year old daughter's chalk drawing of my new cooker....I think they did pretty well! :)

This is fun!

Last edited:
I will eat on a pork butt or brisket for a week. Granted I will re-purpose the meats for other dishes so I don't get bored.

I make a "tamale pie" where I mix the meat with a home made enchilada sauce. Add black beans, corn, onions, garlic then top with corn bread batter and bake till corn bread is done.

I'll make hash's, chili's, stir fries, etc. Your imagination is your only limit!

If you mean the same way...all week if it was that good. After that, it would hit the freezer.

sounds like the 7 portions for seven people was a little over kill. lol
that being said sound like you are enjoying leftovers as much as I do! I have never counted but I'm sure that four or five times sounds good.

Very seldom,I'll have the same thing two days in a row. Usually, any leftovers get frozen the same day. In fact, I mostly only cook a butt when I run out of pulled pork in the freezer.

I can eat ribs from the same cook at least 5 straight days. and still look forward to the ribs.
The last pulled pork I did was a butt and picnic. About 21lbs. On the 4th day I was still going back for more. It was all gone and I was like WTF?. I'm not the only one in the family who likes bbq.

I've been pulling my last five or six briskets so I have sandwiches for days. I'll eat it at work without bread and then have it for dinner on a sub roll with melted cheddar. 5-6 days but twice a day over that time.

I always cook way more food than necessary since it is usually only me and the girlfriend but I want to maximize every cook. I always have at least six days of leftovers; there is no room in the freezer so it all gets eaten. Kind of hard to not look forward to brisket or ribs even if it is Round 5.

sounds like the 7 portions for seven people was a little over kill. lol
that being said sound like you are enjoying leftovers as much as I do! I have never counted but I'm sure that four or five times sounds good.

Yeah, when I fire up a long cook a like to make it worth our while :) Foodsaver bags and a Sous Vide device and you've got moist BBQ leftovers for months!

I've been pulling my last five or six briskets so I have sandwiches for days. I'll eat it at work without bread and then have it for dinner on a sub roll with melted cheddar. 5-6 days but twice a day over that time.

I always cook way more food than necessary since it is usually only me and the girlfriend but I want to maximize every cook. I always have at least six days of leftovers; there is no room in the freezer so it all gets eaten. Kind of hard to not look forward to brisket or ribs even if it is Round 5.

I never even thought of pulling brisket. That's a great idea! Does it pull just like pork? Is the point or flat better for this, or the same?

I dunno, I've never hit the limit. My wife gets sick of it long before I do, usually around day 4-5. Typically I do at least 3 days of it as-is and 1-2 days of it as some other dish...chili, shepherd's pie, etc...

"I make a "tamale pie" where I mix the meat with a home made enchilada sauce. Add black beans, corn, onions, garlic then top with corn bread batter and bake till corn bread is done."

I need this enchilada sauce recipe if it's one you can share...this sounds amazing.

Back