• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

My meaty weekend! (pics)

Smoke on Badger Mountain

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
So here is what it looks like.
Tonight I helped one of my employees cook up 25lbs of carne asada for his girlfriends surprise birthday party. I'll see if someone took pics of the meal.

Now at 0200 the 73lbs of butt are in my offset for my daughters birthday party tomorrow. That meal will be pulled pork, corn bread, smoked beans, watermelon, salad and cupcakes for desert.

Sunday: Our friends said that they would pick up some TriTip if I would smoke it and we could just hang out. Who am I to say no to something like that. I will probably throw on 3 racks of SLCs as well.

Also have another friend bringing by 5 racks of BBs mid week.

16pp1.jpg

16pp2.jpg

Well it's time for my first 45 min nap.

update #2

I boiled down some of the fat trimmings and some rub to make some "broth" for later if I wanted to add some after pulling.

16pp5.jpg

Panning this time instead of a regular wrap. I will have beans under the pork and I need to make sure it stays veg. Yes, yes I know. But I want everyone to enjoy the party.
16pp6.jpg

Getting full. Almost need the upper rack. But I'm being stubborn.
16pp7.jpg

Thanks for looking.

I bet the aroma in your neighborhood is off the charts fantastic!! It all looks and sounds excellent Josh! :hungry::grin:

Well the chaos of the party I don't have a nice plated pic. But here are some leftover shots.

16pp9.jpg

16pp10.jpg

16pp11.jpg

Sorry about the flipped photos. They are from my phone taken quickly.

I will probably post the TriTip cook in this thread tomorrow.

Back