• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

"Happy Phriday Pharkers,what's Smoking this Weekend?"

My work schedule changed, I now have Phriday and Sat. oph, so I am sure I can come up with something. I have pork ribs in the phreezer, so that sounds as good as anything. Have a saphe and phun weekend, Phu and brethren.

Heat index approaching 110* thru the weekend. Watched a Harry Soo video on brisket last night where 4-6 hours in smoke, wrapped in butcher paper and foil and said finish in the oven. I may stop by store after golf and buy a small container of celery seed. I’ve got a brisket almost ready to go. Oven finished brisket. Is that as big a Q-Crime as Boxed Gumbo mix??

I lucked into a Sams Club yellow tag pre inventory mini hoard the other day so the vac sealer was burning sacks and suckin hard! MEATSTOCK 50 started on Thursday when Mac& cheese opened for BPS Jallelujah bacon rub wings. After last nights heavy downpour Yasgars farm is really under water so I’m busting out the Country Joe fish tacos. Saturday, making a much unannounced appearance, Meatloaf will headline on the main grill. Closing Meatstock the grand finale’. We’re gonna smoke some pot roast man. Meatstock 2019 is gonna be phar out!

Last edited:
Happy Phriday all Pharkers, hope you have a Phantastic weekend.

My plan for this weekend is to smoke a pork butt for a coworker and to do 1/2 a butt in some mojo marinade to make cuban sandwiches. Going to do some smash burgers for lunch tomorrow.

Meat sale at Valli! I picked up a couple racks of spares. They were St. Louis trimmed and they included the tips (wrapped into ribs.) I trimmed them a little more and just put all on the 26" (68cm I think) kettle a couple minutes ago. They also had some small pork butts (~5lb, 2 1/4kg) bone in. I might fire up the 14" WSM for them.

Happy Phriday!

pictures to follow when they don't look so raw. ;)

Back