It's FINALLY here: My BlueSmoke Offset Smoker!!!

cayenne

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
OH man, I am beside myself excited!!!

Just a few hours ago, the shipper unloaded it and helped me move it up my driveway to my smoking spot.

I was actually quite amazed how easy this thing is to move on the heavy duty casters it came with over concrete. I imagine over any non-paved land would be another story altogether!!

Whew...this thing is heavy duty!! 3/8" steel all around. I had a few extras added...ball valve on grease drain, foldable stack, damper, hot plate on firebox, griddle plate for smoke chamber and Linseed Oil seasoning for exterior.

I was actually surprised that in the cook chamber, I had the upper shelf...I didn't order that, but will gladly accept it. I likely will pull that shelf out for most cooks, but on occasion I need something cooked that's small and needs extra heat maybe?? Maybe reheat some sausage links or something?
(I'm not quite sure what to use it for, since it is so high up and not much headroom up there).

Now...the sad part.....

My firewood doesn't arrive till Monday 25th...in the morning.

But once I get it, I'll spray the inside well with Pam or some similar oil spray, and light up a hot fire and burn it in/season the interior.

I believe I already have a Costco Prime Brisket in my freezer so likely that and maybe a chicken will be first things cooked.

Goodness....such a large cook chamber, I might throw on some other stuff friends have that want me to....not like it will cost extra fuel, eh?

Anyway...I'm really stoked about learning the new beast, how it acts, fire control, etc.

Reminds me..I guess I need to get some sort of shovel, some tongs, etc...for fire management?

Anyway...trying to attach some pics.

cayenne

Attachments

• IMG_9403.jpg
    IMG_9403.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 387
  • IMG_9404.jpg
    IMG_9404.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 385
  • IMG_9405.jpg
    IMG_9405.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 380
  • IMG_9407.jpg
    IMG_9407.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 373
  • IMG_9408.jpg
    IMG_9408.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 376
  • IMG_9410.jpg
    IMG_9410.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 380
  • IMG_9411.jpg
    IMG_9411.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 379
  • IMG_9412.jpg
    IMG_9412.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 376
  • IMG_9413.jpg
    IMG_9413.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 384
HELL...YES! Been waiting for this post. Looks great. As for wood, if you have an ACE hardware or Academy nearby, you could buy some there if you're jonesin' to get a cook in this weekend.

Congrats man. Beautiful cooker.

I seldom get jealous, about anything. However I must admit --I am highly envious
That's cool

That is one sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet smoker. Enjoy!!!! Looking forward to the cooks.

I just want to see if you can wait out the weekend for wood, she looks mighty fine.

Glad to see it arrived safely and welcome to the Blue Smoke Smoker club - yours even got a badge!

Mine was one of the first 10-20 he built - so no badge for mine

Enjoy your new smoker !

I’m 100% with Adams on this one.

I am very rarely envious of someone else’s possessions but color me green on this one…

That's one 'helluva rig, brother... huge congrats! Looking forward to seeing some posts on what you put out of it. If those are empty kegs in the backgrounds shots, it's obvious you know how to through down a party. :nod:

Back