Weber SmokeFire as a do it all cooker?

qposner

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Approx 4 years ago I said goodbye to my GMG and went with a PBC that has been great. I also have my kettle and a Weber gasser for the quick cooks. Anyhow, I am pretty interested in the SmokeFire. I never thought I would go back to a pellet grill since I preferred the PBC as a smoker and a pellet grill just wasnt versatile enough.

However, Im not wondering if its time to reconsider. If I could replace all three cookers with one do it all wonder cooker, I would give that some serious consideration. I know they arent released into the wild until Feb 10, but does anyone here have enough pre-release experience to say one way or the other?

Thanks!

I'm on the pre-order list and plan on buying one. I still plan on keeping my other cookers but to me it looks versatile enough to get me back into the pellet game. I had a GMG a few years ago. There was nothing wrong with it but it just wasn't my thing.

Have you watched the Babyback Maniac or Harry Soo videos on YouTube?

I'm on the pre-order list and plan on buying one. I still plan on keeping my other cookers but to me it looks versatile enough to get me back into the pellet game. I had a GMG a few years ago. There was nothing wrong with it but it just wasn't my thing.

Have you watched the Babyback Maniac or Harry Soo videos on YouTube?

I watched them when they came out and they are what got me interested. I guess Ill just wait for the initial real world reviews. Im sure my wife would love for me to have one cooker instead of three!

And I see you are in West Linn. We're practically neighbors!

I spent a chunk of change on my Shirley but I'm very interested in the Smoke Fire. I could envision myself thinning the heard to three. Shirley, Weber 26, and maybe a Smoke Fire. I'm going to be watching the reviews closely over the next 6 months or so.

Your PBC will still be a better smoker than a pellet grill. Even with all of the technology they're putting into these things, they're still a jack of all trades, master of none. Subpar searing and smoking. At least they're getting temperature regulation down pat.

I'm not bashing pellet grills/smokers, but they're for when you're feeling lazy and want something set it and forget it that makes some smoke. Convenience is what pellet cookers are about.

I watched them when they came out and they are what got me interested. I guess Ill just wait for the initial real world reviews. Im sure my wife would love for me to have one cooker instead of three!

And I see you are in West Linn. We're practically neighbors!
Practically enough for a PNW bash!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I'm interested in seeing how it works once it's out. It may well perform better as a jack of all trades than anything else out there but that doesn't mean it will do everything the same as dedicated grills and smokers. On the smoking side for instance, it's still a pellet grill and I wouldn't expect it to have the same results you get out of a PBC or other barrel smoker. That's not a better or worse statement, just different.

I do think it's a great value if it works well. The larger one has a lot of real estate when you compare it to most gassers.

I have yet to find a cooker that excels in all use cases and I've owned several dozen...there's always give and take. If someone finds one, LET ME KNOW, I shall buy it and name it "Unicorn". :becky:

Last edited:
I would have liked to see it handle lower temperatures better. The range is 200 to 600, but I'd have liked it to be able to do maybe 170 for cooking things like bacon or sausages.

Got another preorder letter today.

Hi!
SmokeFire is so close you can almost taste it! We can’t wait for you to be one of the first people to experience Weber’s first pellet grill that sears as well as it smokes.

We will be contacting you over the phone within the next week to confirm your order and process payment.

As a thank you for being a huge Weber fan, your pre-order (xxxxx) will include free shipping and a bag of our thoughtfully crafted GrillMaster Blend all-natural hardwood pellets.

Get excited to own the envy of every backyard!

Got another preorder letter today.

Hi!
SmokeFire is so close you can almost taste it! We can’t wait for you to be one of the first people to experience Weber’s first pellet grill that sears as well as it smokes.

We will be contacting you over the phone within the next week to confirm your order and process payment.

As a thank you for being a huge Weber fan, your pre-order (xxxxx) will include free shipping and a bag of our thoughtfully crafted GrillMaster Blend all-natural hardwood pellets.

Get excited to own the envy of every backyard!
Are you going through with the order?

After my initial excitement wore off, I noticed that the SmokeFire only has a small side table. I was thinking of replacing my Weber Summit Gasser with the SmokeFire, but I use the side tables on my Summit almost every time I cook. I suppose I could buy a small stainless table to put next to it, but why wouldn't Weber have thought about where you are going to put the food with the SmokeFire???

Just saw this thread. Yes, they made this to be an only cooker someone would need. "Sear like a genesis, smoke like a WSM." I think it will sear like a Genesis (which isn't the same as charcoal but charcoal searing wasn't the goal) and I think it will smoke like a good pellet grill.

This is really a "know thyself" thing. If you want charcoal type sear and stick burner smokes, this would probably be a "weekday cooker" or a pass. But if you like what pellet grills do and just want one that can also replace your gasser (and will probably be more reliable than most pellet grills) this might be for you.

If you are a "wait for real life reviews" person, this should be no different...but having seen it, I feel great about it. I hope I'm right or else i'm going to be embarrassed I stuck my neck out...but I am sticking it out there right now. lol. There is just something about the way they went about building this and presented it to us...they were really open like they had nothing to hide. Also, they didn't oversell it. It is what it is...but what it is seems like a good cooker for 1200.

After my initial excitement wore off, I noticed that the SmokeFire only has a small side table. I was thinking of replacing my Weber Summit Gasser with the SmokeFire, but I use the side tables on my Summit almost every time I cook. I suppose I could buy a small stainless table to put next to it, but why wouldn't Weber have thought about where you are going to put the food with the SmokeFire???

There will be more shelf space soon you can buy. Not sure on exactly how soon but it's a done deal and in the pipeline. The grill is already set up to accept the shelving. Tom Fuller (who did the presentation) told me it's just a matter of time.

Hope this helps.

Did anybody else get a second email yet? I'm on the list but haven't seen anything..

I really like the look of these, I love my Mak but sometimes wish it had more capacity....looks to be quite a bit of real estate on the larger Weber Smokefire.

Back