Best $25 Spent

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Newer and older members alike know what a great forum and special place The BBQ Brethren is. The content- Good Lord- the wide variety of content. For the price of a cryo of small ribs at Sam’s you can make a big difference. $25.
It’s not required, or mandatory to pay to play, but I spend so much time here Id feel like I was trespassing if I didn’t contribute the minimum $25.
I don’t know all the financials in keeping this place running on The Web, but I’m guessing it’s not cheap. The conversations are interesting-intelligent-humorous-sad-thoughtful and having been a member of multiple BBQ/Smoking forums- this one is the best.

Times are tough, but if you get $25 ahead it’s a good place to drop it.

Great reminder! I need ta check my subscription ta see when mines due!
Phil...this is just a heads up! I'll be sending it to yer PO box again...

-D

Yep. Good reminder. Thanks Adams!:cool:

One of my favorite ways to spend my money.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I like to tell myself the amount of great deals I find through here and the amount mistakes or learning curve I avoid thanks to the info here helps offset the amount of money I spend on que stuff a great deal. Definitely worth a few clams.

I was one of the lucky winners of the “Subscription Give-Away” last year. When the Give-Away comes around this year I’ll contribute so someone else can get a free subscription and hopefully become more involved with the BBQ Brethren and BBQ in general.

I learned a lot hanging out here. Definitely worth the cost of a subscription.

16Adams, thanks for the reminder and thank you to everyone for the free subscription. Now I’m gonna go renew. :thumb:

Great reminder and a small price to pay for all the info.
Just signed up for the first time myself.

Well worth the cost. I renewed my subscription two days ago right after receiving the friendly email reminder that my subscription was due to expire. Thanks!

Well said Adams, well said. :clap:

Side note I spent $22.99 yesterday on a bottle of Buffalo Trace, thought that was money well spent too. :grin:

My Hero —

Something I learned a long time ago, when looking for quality,
TANSTAAFL-"There ain't no such thing as a free lunch"
My son gave me Meathead's BBQ book, which goes for about $20.00, last Christmas. I read it and found that much of it can be found here. Purchase one more BBQ book, and this site is the better deal. Not ruining one good piece of meat pays for it.
Add in the wide knowledge base, on so many subjects, of the many good people that hang out here, and it's a steal!

Hmmm.... I don't actually know when MY subscription expires. I've purchased some give away subscriptions this past year, but they're showing up on my account. So to make it easy, I think I'll just buy myself a subscription on my birthday. That way I'll always know when MY subscription expires.

$25 sub fee = priceless information and shared experience. It is a no brainer to drop the $25. Recently, there were a few cash lean years in which I did not subscribe. As long as I can afford to, I will subscribe to this forum.

My only regret is the lack of experience sharing on my part. I never stopped cooking, experimenting, and learning. I just stopped sharing my cooks with the forum. That is on me. I can be the laziest mofo on the planet it seems.

All I can say is that I went through 5 cheap gassers over 40 years. Had no clue what I was doing. Cooked cheap steaks and hamburgers to shoe leather. Would ask the young family how they wanted their steaks and burgers. They would always say RARE. Hmmm somethings wrong. Then we moved and met a new neighbor that knew a thing or 2 about smoking and grilling. We were setting on the back patio after afew adult beverages and he said the words I will never forget, "You Can't Even Cook Toast!".

I did not say anything because he was right! I thought, OK I'm going to get serious about good BBQ. I got on the net and bounced around from one site to the next trying to gain some wisdom. A lot of sites degraded me for not knowing. The Dreaded BBQ Snobs. Then I found this place. Not only was I welocmed but embraced. Folks here were genuinely concerned and helped me UP my BBQ game.

Today my Buddy that gave me my screen name unknowingly here has nothing to say since he's usually sticking my Q in his mouth when they come to visit from Tulsa.

And the Folks my Wife LuzziAnn and I have met at the Bashes are some of the Finest folks we'll ever meet.

Sorry for the long winded post but it's from the Heart. My scrip is a small price to pay for the Wealth of Knowledge at the best site on the net.

Back