MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-14-2020, 10:00 AM   #1
harrybbq
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Haroldo
Default Dry Aging Bags - thoughts please

I just came across an ad for this, and I'm very intrigued. I know nothing about dry aging, other than eating it. Could anyone who knows about the process shed some light as to if this is legit:

https://dryagingbags.com/

Too good to be true?

Or is it just true?

Thoughts please

Old 02-14-2020, 10:29 AM   #2
Big George's BBQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : George

There are a number of people here that have used Umai bags with good success to dry age meats Do a search and look at the threads
Mid Atlantic BBQ Association
KCBS
Back Porch BBQ Competition BBQ Team
Proud Member of the Zero Club

When all else fails ask yourself WWGALD
Big George's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-14-2020, 12:18 PM   #3
harrybbq
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George's BBQ View Post
There are a number of people here that have used Umai bags with good success to dry age meats Do a search and look at the threads
Thanks, but this is of no help, as I cannot search. Since I joined this forum, when I try to search something, I get this:

"harrybbq, you do not have permission to access this page. Before contacting the admin, please check the subscriptions to see if the feature you are looking for is for subscribing members only. It is most likely a subscription feature, otherwise, this could be due to one of several reasons:

If you are a new user, your ID has not yet been released by our admin. This could take up to 2 days. Every ID is verified for validity to keep out the spammers and automated registrations.
You are trying to use ADVANCED SEARCH, NEW POSTS or TODAYS POSTS. A basic SEARCH feature is available at the bottom of the forum that will search our public areas. The advanced search is available to subscribing members only and will search the entire forum, as well as allow advanced search options. Available Subscriptions may be found in your user control panel.
You are trying to use or access an additional feature available to subscribing members only. Available Subscriptions may be found in your user control panel.
Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
"

Old 02-14-2020, 12:21 PM   #4
cowgirl

Name/Nickname : jeanie

I've not tried that brand, but have had good luck with the Umai bags.
I've dry aged ribeyes and strip steaks for 30, 40, 45 and 60 days. So far the 45 day steaks are my favorite.

Here are a couple of posts about it.

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/s...d.php?t=225409

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/s...d.php?t=261014

I just dry aged a KC strip for 45 days but have not posted pics yet.

Good luck with it if you give it a go!

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/
cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 02-14-2020, 12:41 PM   #5
harrybbq
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl View Post
I've not tried that brand, but have had good luck with the Umai bags.
I've dry aged ribeyes and strip steaks for 30, 40, 45 and 60 days. So far the 45 day steaks are my favorite.

Here are a couple of posts about it.

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/s...d.php?t=225409

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/s...d.php?t=261014

I just dry aged a KC strip for 45 days but have not posted pics yet.

Good luck with it if you give it a go!
Thank you cowgirl! Will definitely try

Thanks from:--->
Old 02-14-2020, 01:17 PM   #6
bdillon1
Got Wood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrybbq View Post
Thanks, but this is of no help, as I cannot search. Since I joined this forum, when I try to search something, I get this:

"harrybbq, you do not have permission to access this page. Before contacting the admin, please check the subscriptions to see if the feature you are looking for is for subscribing members only. It is most likely a subscription feature, otherwise, this could be due to one of several reasons:

If you are a new user, your ID has not yet been released by our admin. This could take up to 2 days. Every ID is verified for validity to keep out the spammers and automated registrations.
You are trying to use ADVANCED SEARCH, NEW POSTS or TODAYS POSTS. A basic SEARCH feature is available at the bottom of the forum that will search our public areas. The advanced search is available to subscribing members only and will search the entire forum, as well as allow advanced search options. Available Subscriptions may be found in your user control panel.
You are trying to use or access an additional feature available to subscribing members only. Available Subscriptions may be found in your user control panel.
Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
"
Just an FYI - The search function you can use is at the bottom of the webpage - its the "Google custom search" part!
bdillon1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-14-2020, 02:01 PM   #7
Titch

Name/Nickname : Titch :-)

Reading the site you linked too.
I would compare UUmi bags for cost and go for which ever one suits your Budget.
I have dry aged in the past and find it great but not enough for me to continue on.
Maybe our Grass fed is tasty enough for me.
shame your not down here I could slip you some bags I have in the Cupboard.

Must add I have easy access to dry aged beef at a reasonable price if I need

Old 02-14-2020, 08:32 PM   #8
WeberWho
is one Smokin' Farker

Do you have a spare fridge? Toss your primal cut on an elevated rack in the fridge and pick it up 45 days later. No bag needed.
WeberWho is offline   Reply With Quote