MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-12-2014, 06:12 PM   #1
JXLT
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Shirley Fabrication

I talked to Paul earlier this week about going to see some of their cookers and he was kind enough to let me stop by this morning and take a look at a few that they are working on.
I have seen pics on the forum, their website and their Facebook page but I can emphatically say that the pics don't do them justice. Paul and Tyler were both available to show me around and answer any questions I had about their cookers. They take craftsmanship and customer service to a whole new level. Each weld that I saw was perfect and when I say perfect, I mean I couldn't quit looking at the welds on their cookers. It starts off with staring at welds then you notice the sheer beauty of their work. Everything is precise, elegant, almost artistic.
Anyway, while I was looking they were showing and explaining all of the details that make their cookers unique. They definitely know their product and they are some all around great people. We probably talked for close to 2 hours and it was more like spending times with friends than a business transaction.
So, to wrap up my long rant, if you're considering a reverse flow cooker and you want to deal with great people, give Paul or Tyler a call.
JXLT is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->

Old 07-12-2014, 06:14 PM   #2
bigdexxx
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : Dex
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JXLT View Post
I talked to Paul earlier this week about going to see some of their cookers and he was kind enough to let me stop by this morning and take a look at a few that they are working on.
I have seen pics on the forum, their website and their Facebook page but I can emphatically say that they are beautiful. Paul and Tyler were both available to show me around and answer any questions I had about their cookers. They take craftsmanship and customer service to a whole new level. Each weld that I saw was perfect and when I say perfect, I mean I couldn't quit looking at their cookers. It starts off with staring at welds then you notice the sheer beauty of their work. Everything is precise, elegant, almost artistic.
Anyway, while I was looking they were showing and explaining all of the details that make their cookers unique. They definitely know their product and they are some all around great people. We probably talked for close to 2 hours and it was more like spending times with friends than a business transaction.
So, to wrap up my long rant, if you're considering a reverse flow cooker and you want to deal with great people, give Paul or Tyler a call.
I have to agree with you on his customer service, he puts you at ease and doesn't try to push anything on you. He is willing to work with you and wants to hear your opinion.

Thanks from:--->
Old 07-12-2014, 06:24 PM   #3
cowgirl
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : jeanie

I've been around a lot of welding and the quality that those guys put out just floors me. The best I've seen. Artistic is the right word.

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/
cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 07-12-2014, 06:25 PM   #4
aawa
Babbling Farker

These guys impress me with the pictures of their cookers. You did the right thing going to them and doing business with them.

I need to hurry up and save money so I can purchase one before they are on a 1 year wait list.

Old 07-12-2014, 06:34 PM   #5
10-8
Full Fledged Farker

Good choice

Old 07-13-2014, 08:14 PM   #6
JXLT
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aawa View Post
These guys impress me with the pictures of their cookers. You did the right thing going to them and doing business with them.

I need to hurry up and save money so I can purchase one before they are on a 1 year wait list.
It's about a 3 1/2 month wait list now and from talking with Tyler and Paul I think the wait list may be that long pretty soon.
JXLT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-13-2014, 08:45 PM   #7
bigdexxx
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : Dex
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JXLT View Post
It's about a 3 1/2 month wait list now and from talking with Tyler and Paul I think the wait list may be that long pretty soon.

I do see the waiting list getting longer and longer, you may not believe it, but last time I checked with Gator Pit there was at least a 10 month waiting list. Last I heard it was 1 year, but they just hired another welder to bring the wait time down.

Tags
reverse flow, Shirley fabrication, smoker