Flank steak kabobs - what seasoning?

Aceman

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I'm doing ribs this weekend for the family, but my brother typically doesn't eat pork. I figured I could marinate or do a rub on some flank steak, cut it into strips and grill them to medium... I'm not sure what rub/marinade would be best though. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Do not slice it before cooking. Marinate it in equal parts Coca-Cola, Ken’s Italian dressing and ketchup. Cook the entire thing to medium rare. It is very easy to overcook and you are better stopping at medium rare. It will cook more even as you slice it. Slice it against the grain and thin strips after cooking and it will be delicious

Do not slice it before cooking. Marinate it in equal parts Coca-Cola, Ken’s Italian dressing and ketchup. Cook the entire thing to medium rare. It is very easy to overcook and you are better stopping at medium rare. It will cook more even as you slice it. Slice it against the grain and thin strips after cooking and it will be delicious

I second that!

We always have both za'atar and schwarma seasoning in the house and I will sometimes use that for a totally different flavor profile.

Not much in either to burn (no sugars) but I still will offset for a while and then sear.

I'll also use a blade cutting stroke that has a bit of an angle to it, still against the grain, to cut down on the chew.

Good luck with your experimenting!

I agree with what everyone else said, do not cut before cooking. Some easy marinades are orange juice and teriyaki or Italian dressing and worstechire.

Cook it whole to medium rare then slice thinly across the grain.

I like to marinate in Dale's Sauce (if you can find it) and then put it on the rotisserie.

Back