Need some Inspiration

Smoking Piney

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I'm looking for a muse here. I've smoked my bucket list - ribs, briskets, turkey, chicken, pork butts, rib roasts, leg of lamb, moink balls, pig shots, ABTs....... and just about everything I can think to put in the smoke.

I need inspiration to venture into the undiscovered country. I need something new.

Any suggestions? :-D

A testicle festival. Obtain your favorite testicle and fry using your favorite recipe. Turkey deer bull calf etc. Into the Ninja with cream cheese spinach Artichoke. Basically a Testicle Shmear. Spoon into portobello mushrooms. Top with jalapeño or hot sauce. Smoke.

Same thing using smoked oysters, chicken hearts etc

A testicle festival. Obtain your favorite testicle and fry using your favorite recipe. Turkey deer bull calf etc. Into the Ninja with cream cheese spinach Artichoke. Basically a Testicle Shmear. Spoon into portobello mushrooms. Top with jalapeño or hot sauce. Smoke.

Gonna take some balls.:razz:

Same thing using smoked oysters, chicken hearts etc

Much respect, Adams, but animal genitals (and organs) are off the plate for me.

I have a great looking smoked oyster recipe that I want to cook when the season comes in here.

A big mess of ox tails sounds good. Also, on Malcolm Reeds site he does a hickory smoked prime rib. I have a PR in the freezer that is destined for this recipe.

Whole animals - pigs, goats, lambs, etc. - different ways - rotissirie, block pit, in an offset, etc. There's also other styles of cooking like churrasco. Frances Mallman has a great book called "7 Fires" that has a few different things going on - including cooking a whole farking cow. :shocked: But also more doable things like chicken cased in salt. Armenians do a really cool thing with skewers hanging vertically, but that kinda requires a rig. There's "real" barbacoa, which, if I understand correctly, is a cow head cooked underground. Daniel Vaughn has info on that. There's a bunch of stuff to do, all of it interesting and delicious.

There's also making sausage, bacon, etc. from scratch, curing, smoking, etc. Farking around with dry aging cuts of beef is fun as well.

Also shoulder clods & chuck rolls are fun and delicous - gotta have a few folks over to help eat those, which I see as a good thing!

Whole animals - pigs, goats, lambs, etc. - different ways - rotissirie, block pit, in an offset, etc. There's also other styles of cooking like churrasco. Frances Mallman has a great book called "7 Fires" that has a few different things going on - including cooking a whole farking cow. :shocked: But also more doable things like chicken cased in salt. Armenians do a really cool thing with skewers hanging vertically, but that kinda requires a rig. There's "real" barbacoa, which, if I understand correctly, is a cow head cooked underground. Daniel Vaughn has info on that. There's a bunch of stuff to do, all of it interesting and delicious.

There's also making sausage, bacon, etc. from scratch, curing, smoking, etc. Farking around with dry aging cuts of beef is fun as well.

Also shoulder clods & chuck rolls are fun and delicous - gotta have a few folks over to help eat those, which I see as a good thing!

I don't have the cook space to do whole animal.

Sausage..........has potential. :-D

You may already do this, but I love tripping to this Asian Market about as far across town as it can get. Produce Ive never seen before in my sheltered subdivision. Brilliant deep colors, wild shapes and names I can’t pronounce. I’m never disappointed. Meat case has rabbit- testicles-pickled duck eggs- lots of pickled items-kimchi busting out of the bottles squab sausage names I can’t pronounce. It’s a long way from my Oatmeal cookie no raisins life.

All that to say this
Asian
Italian
Mexican
Middle East

It’s anazing what a fresh tortilla with smashed chickpeas-humus. And humus home made with extra lemon is awesome.

Recipes. I apologize. I can visualize and somewhat reproduce what I am attempting, but following a recipe Is agonizing to me. It would be better if I did.

Looking forward to your cooks.

Back