PK360 - buy black or silver?

Alphonse

Got Wood.
Reaction score
Thinking very seriously of ordering a PK360. Looking for insights on the color to pick.

Should I get their Graphite (black) or Silver one?

Graphite here, had it for a year in Florida kept outside but under a covered patio, no flaking, looks more or less like new. I have the plastic side panels, wanted to go with the teak ones but smartly realized I don’t need anymore projects in my life and the teak would need regular treatments.

Both?

900-FB122-424-B-4-BAE-AA19-81383477677-C.jpg

:becky:

Both are about the same age. The silver has some smudges on it, but those can be cleaned off. The graphite has no markings at all.

BFD84082-410-F-4-EAB-8-FA0-25-FED9-E22-ACD.jpg

I got the silver and wish I got the graphite. The heat discolored on the right side on the outside. Not terrible but definitely visible. Not a performance issue...the grill is amazing!

Last edited:
To all, thanks for the fast feedback. Looks like Graphite is the answer for me. Although either would be great.

Did any of you get the grill grates while you were at it?

Last edited:
I have the silver 360 and like the retro look but I have a few stains that I cannot remove. Anyone know how to removed baked on grease/sauce from a PK?

I’ve got the silver with the teak side shelves. Agree that a little staining on the silver does make it look loved, but I’ve been able to clean everything off it, no worries.

I did get the grill grates - they rock. Perfect crosshatching on every steak. Cleaning tool leaves a little to be desired, but I’m managing. Bailing wire the grill grates to the regular grate like Malcolm Reed and you just flip the grate over when you’re done cooking and the grate bakes clean.

To all, thanks for the fast feedback. Looks like Graphite is the answer for me. Although either would be great.

Yep! I have Grill Grates for both of mine, plus a set that fit onto my pellet grill or a Weber Kettle. Great grill marks, and you can flip them over and use them as a griddle, too!

Also, there is a graphite PK360 with Grill Grates for sale in Princeton, NC for $600 on Facebook. I'm not sure how far that is for you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/bbq...25735554201124/?sale_post_id=2025735554201124

You may have to be a member of the BBQ Classified group to see that.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/bbqclassifieds/

Last edited:
Thanks Ron for the sourcing tips. Yes Princeton is a bit of trip from the gulf coast of Alabama!

Meanwhile I bought one late this afternoon direct from PK. Should be here in a few days. I ordered the Graphite with the grill grates and the charcoal basket. They have a promotion going at the moment that got me to my target price.

Thanks to all for the help.

They only had the silver when I got mine ser#308 / get a charcoal basket from Rob Wynne @ Smokin Hot BBQ. Not sure if he’s a member here but he makes a really nice full basket with vertical and horizontal dividers for both PK’s

I second the bbq basket from smokin hot bbq, I bought when it first came out, literally 3 days after I received it they decided to make it 2 inches bigger and they shipped me out the new one free. I asked if I should return the original (hadn’t even opened the box yet) and they told me no go ahead and keep it. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them, they didn’t have to send me the new one but they chose to and btw I didn’t have to ask either they actually reached out to me to send it. Definitely makes for a cleaner burn and easier to get hot faster with better airflow in my opinion.

I got the silver bc why mess with paint unless you have to? It’s just a matter of time before it has issues. The silver will stay in good shape longer than any of us will.

They only had the silver when I got mine ser#308 / get a charcoal basket from Rob Wynne @ Smokin Hot BBQ. Not sure if he’s a member here but he makes a really nice full basket with vertical and horizontal dividers for both PK’s

I’m not sure if Rob is a member or not. His basket is on my list of things I want :-D. I just wish that there was a way to use two dividers to have lit coals on either both long sides or both short sides, with a cool zone in the middle.

I’m not sure if Rob is a member or not. His basket is on my list of things I want :-D. I just wish that there was a way to use two dividers to have lit coals on either both long sides or both short sides, with a cool zone in the middle.

Just ordered one of these. I’ve searched and searched via google and amazon for weeks and never knew they existed until this thread!

Back