• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Cooking 60 racks of ribs

stoner

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
So I took on an event cooking 60 racks of ribs and 200 chicken quarters. My biggest concern is I normally wrap ribs but dont want to wrap 60 of them individually. Would you just spray for moisture or wrap multiple racks in a pan covered.

I haven’t wrapped ribs in years. At the 2 hour mark, I start spritzing every 30-45 mins til they are almost done. The last 45-60 mins I stop and glaze. I love the results! Just did these a few days ago :)
cbaaecf5cdd8a57a81df147a218d5a3b.jpg

JasonTQ has done this several times when he has cooked for the Sip and Swine BBQ Festival benefitting their charity. Maybe he will check in or you can pm him for advice.

I cook 30 racks of ribs twice a week for a BBQ lunch service and I never wrap anymore. The ribs come out great with a beautiful color and incredibly tender. When I put that much meat on the smoker I do tend to cook at about 250° and I leave them alone until I hit the 4 hour mark. I'm not a big proponent of spritzing as I've done a ton of tests and it seems to make zero difference...except that it slows down the cook quite a bit.

Good luck with your cook and I hope everything goes well.

The most I've cooked at once is 25 or 30 racks and I still wrap, not always as a part of the cook (as in wrapping and returning to the pit) but the wrapping keeps them moist and juicy as some events might be several hours long with people grazing rather than forming a line and dishing up a plate.

Back