First Fatty on the new MAK

Dang, that looks fantastic. Might wanna consider laying on a gurney right outside the ER during consumption... lol.

What temp was that cooked at? MAK perform just fine? What did you think of the smoke production... appear to be enough?

Thanks! Set it at 225F and ran it at that until the IT reached 140F. Then I bumped it up to 325 until it reached 165F. Didn't really know what I was doing, but it turned out fantastic. Great smoke - and a nice thick smoke ring. Great cooker - no muss, no fuss, great smoke and no worries about tending the fire. Perfect for a cold fall day.

How long was the total cook time?

Good question - I didn't time it, but I'd say roughly 2 1/4 hrs. I had the Smoke monitoring the internal temp and I was busy running around the house unpacking boxes (I just moved in a month ago) and trying to get ready for guests this week.

Good question - I didn't time it, but I'd say roughly 2 1/4 hrs. I had the Smoke monitoring the internal temp and I was busy running around the house unpacking boxes (I just moved in a month ago) and trying to get ready for guests this week.

One of the best things about pellet smokers is you can just go about your buisiness if you want or hang around the smoker to smell that sweet wood smoke. It’s pretty awesome.

Back