MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-10-2017, 11:34 AM   #46
blazinfire
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsperk View Post
Great job. Love the pic with one with the cheese. I need to get into making that type of stuff.
Yeah real curious to know How the cheese ones set after being in the fridge for 24 hrs

Old 12-10-2017, 03:09 PM   #47
blazinfire
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazinfire View Post
Yeah real curious to know How the cheese ones set after being in the fridge for 24 hrs
Never thought I would quote myself.... But I just passed around a stick of the Jalapeno and cheese to share slices because its a "limited" edition.. I expected the cheese to have a bit more solid state after being in the fridge for 24 hrs.. It solidified a bit more than the picture I posted.... but not much...

Everything turned out to be a smash hit with those who have tried it already. hope you guys have a good weekend.. Thanks for looking!

The real question is..... What's next? Wish I had some kind of sneak peek.... No clue what's next! Maybe jerky?

Old 12-10-2017, 05:46 PM   #48
blazinfire
Babbling Farker

Alright final post!! Here's the mother load... give or take a couple logs and snack sticks..... I was hungry LOL...

Thanks from: --->
Old 12-10-2017, 05:55 PM   #49
IamMadMan
somebody shut me the fark up.

Great job.....
IamMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 12-10-2017, 06:00 PM   #50
blazinfire
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamMadMan View Post
Great job.....
Yup... and thank you for all the help and information you have provided me on sausage making!! Really appreciate it. It would of been a harder process without the knowledge you provided.

Old 12-10-2017, 06:48 PM   #51
IamMadMan

Quote:
Yup... and thank you for all the help and information you have provided me on sausage making!! Really appreciate it. It would of been a harder process without the knowledge you provided.
In no time at all you will have this mastered, and you may be able to help someone else. That's what the forums are all about.

Btw.....
You were concerned about the odor of the spice blend because it contained sodium erythorbate. I take it everything tasted fine? Some people can pick it out, some never notice it. It simply speeds the rate at which nitrite reduces to nitric oxide, thus facilitating a faster cure time and helps to retain that beautiful pink color.
IamMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-10-2017, 07:25 PM   #52
blazinfire
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamMadMan View Post
In no time at all you will have this mastered, and you may be able to help someone else. That's what the forums are all about.

Btw.....
You were concerned about the odor of the spice blend because it contained sodium erythorbate. I take it everything tasted fine? Some people can pick it out, some never notice it. It simply speeds the rate at which nitrite reduces to nitric oxide, thus facilitating a faster cure time and helps to retain that beautiful pink color.
ah that makes sense...... But yeah the taste is perfect.. very mild flavor smoked snack sticks..... I think I can pick out the flavor but it gives the sausage a little zest to it.

Old 12-10-2017, 07:50 PM   #53
Joshw
Babbling Farker

Quote:
ah that makes sense...... But yeah the taste is perfect.. very mild flavor smoked snack sticks..... I think I can pick out the flavor but it gives the sausage a little zest to it.
I wonder if it has fermento, or buttermilk powder in it. Either is fairly common in summer sausage, and would give it a tangy flavor.

You had me curious, so I looked at sausagemakers website, their summer sausage seasoning, does contain fermento. I am guessing that is the "zest" you are talking about. If you like it great, if not, just order a seasoning without it next time. Buttermilk powder will add a similar flavor as well, so you might keep an eye out for it too.

Last edited by Joshw; 12-10-2017 at 08:09 PM..
Joshw is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-10-2017, 08:18 PM   #54
blazinfire
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshw View Post
I wonder if it has fermento, or buttermilk powder in it. Either is fairly common in summer sausage, and would give it a tangy flavor.

You had me curious, so I looked at sausagemakers website, their summer sausage seasoning, does contain fermento. I am guessing that is the "zest" you are talking about. If you like it great, if not, just order a seasoning without it next time. Buttermilk powder will add a similar flavor as well, so you might keep an eye out for it too.
yeah.. That's what madman told me earlier in the week.. Don't have the problem with the finished product at all.. it surprised me because from the smell I wasn't expecting greatness.. lol Just something I wasn't use too.... Turned out great.. and I would be willing to buy the seasoning again.. But its good to know.. as it was something different

Old 12-11-2017, 01:42 PM   #55
OklaDustDevil
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Ray

Were you pleased with the amount of jalapeno you used (I think you said one pepper per pound of meat)?
Chuckwagon Cookers Horizontal Offset Stickburner
Southern Cookers Vertical Stickburner[/B][/SIZE][/FONT]
OklaDustDevil is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-11-2017, 03:58 PM   #56
blazinfire
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OklaDustDevil View Post
Were you pleased with the amount of jalapeno you used (I think you said one pepper per pound of meat)?
Now I couldn't tell you that 1 pepper is perfect for 1 pound.. But I can tell you that 5 large jalapeno peppers was perfect for 5 lbs of meat..... So far when slicing it each slice ends up with jalapeno and cheese. I'm pretty sure I used just a tad more than 1/2lb of cheese... I got the next size up from the smallest on the block of cheese.. pretty sure its 1lb. I cut more than half of the block for the sausages. No exact measurements.

I removed the seeds and middle (brain fart forgot what it was called at the moment LOL)..... so There's no heat to the sausages... But what there is is a very nice jalapeno flavor.. and if I would choose between the two summer sausages Hands down I wish I made the entire batch jalapeno and cheese.. It'll knock your socks off!

Also to add to this thread... I'm not sure if I made this very clear... I am absolutely happy with my purchases of the MES40.... Does a great job doing what I'm doing with it.... Perfectly happy with the products I ordered from www.sausagemaker.com The summer sausage seasoning was amazing.... The snack stick seasoning started off with mixed thoughts. but as I'm typing this and eating one of the snack sticks I can assure you its probably one of the best snack sticks I've ever ate. I will be a repeat customer.. Looks like I need to place an order for their BBQ snack stick seasoning and buy some jerky seasoning

Last edited by blazinfire; 12-11-2017 at 04:05 PM..
blazinfire is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-13-2017, 04:29 PM   #57
blazinfire
Babbling Farker

Well that's a wrap folks.... My 2 packages have been received in NC, and NH... Everything was a hit!! Hands down the Jalapeno and Cheddar summer sausages were my favorite thing I've ever made... I've made a lot of interesting stuff through out my past... Gonna be doing another batch of those next month probably.

Old 12-13-2017, 09:27 PM   #58
Happy Hapgood

Name/Nickname : Mike

Well, what a Stellar Post and pics! Thanks for the detail and description! I've got to try it now.
Wife LuzziAnn 1956 model.
Ink Bird IBBQ 4T Wi-Fi Temp Monitor, Superfast LSU Purple Thermapen & ThermaPop, Party Q
Ink Bird Sous Vide, HF Flame Thower

My Motto these days is "Low Stress, Low Drag".

The Artist Formally Known as Toast

Happy Hapgood is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 12-13-2017, 09:31 PM   #59
Smokeymagoo
On the road to being a farker

I can't wait to have some free time to try this. If I get them half as good as you ill be happy.
Smokeymagoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-13-2017, 10:56 PM   #60
Lomey
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Mike

Looks awesome! I need to make some soon for Christmas, but first up, some smoked cheese this weekend.
Lomey is offline   Reply With Quote